Ownership Experience

Same observation here too, from 6th Apr, Range and Ride Statistics have remain static.

1 Like

Yes, somewhere between 80-85%. I feel, anything below 90% should be fine as it has room to charge. Also I understand total % of recharge from regen is mere 1-2% (Ather to confirm, this is what I heard)

1 Like

yes I am having the same issue with pushing navigation from the phone. Keeps on popping up on the NAV screen even after it has been accepted once. Maybe it is a sync issue being caused due to poor network reliability, but a workaround would be appreciated. The vehicle could probably do this screening of incoming coordinates locally with an actual sync with the Ather servers in the background, blocking the unnecessary pop ups. @Shreyas @gandharv.bakshi any updates on a fix for this issue?

3 Likes

Same observations, though Iā€™ve a couple of things to add:

1. If you send the navigation request when the Ather is not in an area with network coverage, it waits till the network is back and then starts. At this stage, youā€™re likely to have moved some distance from your initial location. This takes time to calibrate again, since the original route sent was based on different coordinates.

2. The Ather seems to be very confused about the orientation. If you park on a road, it cannot figure out which side youā€™re on, thus not knowing which direction to route it. This leads to cases where you end up rerouting after a minute or two.

3 Likes

correct

everytime you lose signal and it is backā€¦ location notification congress back

there is no compass so orientation can never happen

@Owners, in case you missed this post. Please RSVP at the earliest! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the useful tipsā€¦

1. Use Regen as much as possible for braking.

Iā€™ve a query regarding Regen. Is there any option that we need to enable to use Regen or Regen will be applied automaticallyā€¦

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the useful info.
What is the recommended tyre pressure for front & back tyres?

1 Like

Check this link to read more on ReGen

Iā€™m now getting indifferent about the whole ā€œsmartā€ experience that has been promised.

RANT.

No doubt purely from the ride perspective I have little to complain about. Except in the regen calibration, which like @rajeshkav says, I too feel it can start earlier, and also function at slower speeds. I feel in rush hour traffic in the city one can almost eliminate using the brakes, since seldom does one need to come to a full stop, and yet since we also often are slower than 20kmph, that constant braking is wasting energy. But even so, with current calibration I am able to squeeze 75-80km range in the sport mode.

Coming to the ā€œsmartā€ ness or lack there of;

1. the screen brightness thing is now annoying me more than ever. Some late night trips Iā€™ve had when the street lights were gone (on New BEL road for example) were agonising since the screen is unforgivingly blinding. The first bikes were deployed in September 2018. How is this still an unresolved issue. I just canā€™t understand how they prioritise cosmetic UI elements like the red aura over this. Do people at Ather ride their bikes at all?

2. between the high brightness and the navigation issues pointed out above by @abhishek.balaji2, @samitbanerji and @Abhishek i.e.; getting locations pushed more than once, resetting of routes, orientation confused for a good part of the beginning of the ride (I feel thatā€™s the most important time navigation needs to function, if youā€™re getting out of a remote place youā€™re at) the console is useless now apart from a rough gauge of speed. The Odo is still not displayed during movement, weā€™re yet to get a charge to charge trip meter, or distance travelled since last charge. What is the bright screen for? Iā€™ll be sticking a darkening film on it soon since Iā€™m actually not interacting much with the console much, and the brightness is the biggest pain.

3. what is the app for now? Only for checking charge? The navigation stutters, no forum, no offline map to finding charging points. The trip history function is dysfunctional. Bizarrely, the Odo reading syncs instantly; but individual trips seem to have their own agenda and timing.
    Just demonstrate what most here already know-
    Here are 2 pics taken at 9:18pm

A) Console shows the latest trip completed at 9:18pm, 4.1km, Odometer is at 1341.8km.

B) App only shows the trip taken 4:23pm, 4.6km, but magically Odometer reading is latest at 1341.8km.

How can syncing Odometer reading have next to no lag, but everything else either lags, or in case you shut the bike down as one would do overnight, never happen??

@Ather.Team @Shreyas will do well to give us a timeline (even if a slightly pessimistic one) on when these issues will be fixed. Please commit.

1. Screen brightness. This is a riding hazard now.
  2. Trip history in App, MANUAL reset trip meters on console and app, Charge to charge distance covered count.
  3. Navigation issues.
  4. merge app, forum and charging grid map that works even with incognito mode on.

The frequency with which I visit the forum has already drastically fallen now in the last few weeks. I see no reason to keep posting/reading about the same problems six months from now. So without these resolutions coming in a timely form I canā€™t see myself being an enthusiastic user of the bike for a little while more before selling it off when thereā€™s a better alternative around.

Rant over.

11 Likes
1 Like

Recieved by RC Card today.

Got message at 23rd March.
Delivery on 30th March

2 Likes

I am also facing similar issue. My last recorded trip was on April 6.

What the! You actually got the smart card?

Yes!!! KA03 reg

With this issue what Iā€™ve observed is that whenever Iā€™m using Mobile data the ride statistics donā€™t get updated. Only the Odometer gets updated. But the moment my phone gets connected to WIFI at home I get the data dumped to the phone.

I know this makes no technical sense but this is what Iā€™ve observed in my case.

Today, for the first time, my morning ride to office did not show up. All the other rides are there including evening drive back home!

@karthikr1995 may have to do with internet speed. My odo gets updated, but the ride listing takes its own sweet time. I notice the delay in other apps like Twitter and Instagram too.

After 6th April, with a gap of 3 days my last leg of journey is now updated !

1 Like

canā€™t wait to get data like this for riding - thatā€™s the power of data Ather is collecting; although the link is for cricket batting!.

I noticed something yesterday.
As per @rajeshkav ā€˜s advice I shutdown my vehicle last evening Czz I wasnā€™t gonna use it the whole of today.

After coming back home last night I immediately switched off. That ride data is not synced.

Now I took the vehicle out for a very short trip to the store (0.8km) and this data has got synced. To my phone.

The previous data is missing.

1 Like