Ownership Experience

Vodafone and Idea both have very patchy network coverage in Bangalore. Though Airtel is not great, compared to Vodafone and Idea, Airtel has better coverage

2 Likes

Got my Nimbus 450 today.
Enjoyed it, but was a bit slower than activa125, @Ather.Team do you reduce the torque till the first service??

7 Likes

Yesterday, Activa 125 could beat my Nimbus 450…how?? @Ather.Team, am I tooo gentle with my throttle??

Morning ride to Nature’s Basket, just to ride the bike

2 Likes

When is the first service due ??

I got my vehicle delivered today (ID 3175). The ride back home was exhilarating. After first few Kms I hear sharp sounds near the floor as if something is hitting, the foot rest. Is this some defect or will it settle later.

3 Likes

Had shared few images of the Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating I had got done after taking delivery .Based on lot you guys asking for more details … Here’s a short Video I made of all the processes involved .

Hope it helps anyone who would be interested to get it done to their 450 or even their other vehicles .

Have also shared the details of the place from where I have got it done. for pricing, I would recommend to contact them directly as they have different packages and pricing changes on surface area for paint protection film.

8 Likes

How much did cost you to get the coating done ?

2 Likes

@Shreyas I’m facing two major issues with my bike

1. I have to unplug and plug at least twice for the charge to begin.
  2. Lately, the bike data doesn’t sync with phone for hours no matter how many times I restart both. The network is good and I even tried reinstalling the app. This used to be synced all the time earlier.

Not sure if others are facing this as well.

1 Like

How much did it cost you for the package that was chosen?

1 Like

Very good video. Has any one used these ppf, ceramic coating or 3M film on any bikes or scooters previously? Is it really worth. Basically does it work?

1 Like

Good one with positive note.

I too had similar experience, atleast 3 folks on two-wheelers caught my attention after riding from the showroom yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have PPF on my other motorcycle. It has clearly worked . Hence I opted to get it done on the Ather . It will avoid scratches from small drops and scratches which are caused in tight parking spaces . this time I opted for XPEL PPF over 3M after extensive research… the thickness and durability of XPEL ppf is even higher that 3M .

2 Likes

Great, what’s that ceramic coating for

Hey Abhishek,
Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like a neat and thoroughly done professional job. Can you share the total cost and the package you went for at Ceramic pro?
I guess there is one more establishment called www.opticoat.in who undertake the similar treatment. How about talking to both of them negotiating one against other and strike a bulk pricing/offer deal exclusively for Ather owners? I am sure at least 20-30 people will be interested after looking at your video :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450 Ownership Reviews

Noticed the same thing. Lost or not getting last 3 rides statistics. Will be able to confirm this tomorrow again.

Don’t know… but I called Ather for checking why there is wobeling up and down when I am without a pillion at 40-50kmph speed.
Also the regen is not consistent even above 20kmph.
Let’s see what happens.
Will update!!

This is so much better than the official review!

1 Like

I am also strugling with regen. Now i notice that grip has keep twisted moment you release regen disengage. Earlier i was twisting once and release so no regen once release.