Other Cities

Is there a forum thread for temporary registration, Non-Chennai, Non-Bengaluru customers.?

3 Likes

Created this topic for that. Will convert to a sub category based on interest. Here’s someone using it in Dharwad :smiley:

4 Likes

People took delivery of Ather with temporary registration and brought to their home town can share their experience here.
*issues they faced when doing permanent registration at hometown RTO
*in tranporting Ather from BLR/MAA to their hometown and back to Ather for Service.
*how locals/neighbors react on seeing the #450 flight.
*signal coverage for Data when out of BLR/MAA.
*etc
*etc

1 Like

Here’s one detailed report of an experience of getting Ather registered outside Bengaluru but within Karnataka

4 Likes

thanks for sharing this post. I’m from TN. I heard that from Bengaluru itself few people bought and took Ather450 to Madurai and few districts in Kerala. Awaiting for their response.

3 Likes

Yes even I am bringing the Ather 450 to vizag,but the Ather 450 isn’t listed in our state what shall I do??? Please help me!!

Wow! I never knew Ather touched kerala! Should trace this one!

1 Like

You can take the Vehicle delivery with Temporary Registration and can do the Permanent Registration at your place RTO.

But how come temp reg of you don’t have a Bangalore address?

Temporary Registration can be done with any address within country. Speak to CC team for better clarity on this regard.

1 Like

In vizag, the RTO people refused to register the vehicle saying that the vehicle name(ather 450) is not listed in their RTO

Just checked with a friend agent who checked with RTO. Seems if you get a temp reg, they’ll give a number from Kerala office.

What number is it? And how would that be able to help with the registration please,I am from visakhapatnam not from kerala, thanks in advance✌

Yes, this friend told it is totally different rules I’m every state. You’ll have to check with someone at your place.

The RTO guys are correct. They’ll not register a vehicle that’s not listed in their state. If the former Andhra Pradesh wasn’t split into two, you wouldn’t have faced this problem. But one solution that I can think of is if you have a Telangana address, try to register it in Telangana. There should not be a problem in Telangana as Ather is in Hyderabad (or will be there soon). Also I assume Police may not harass TS vehicles like they would do for any other state. At a later date in future when Ather comes to Andhra Pradesh, you can transfer it and get an AP registration. This is complicated for sure but this is the only solution I can think of right now for your situation.

If that is the case , NOC certificate has to be taken if registered in telangana, which is also not accepted in andhra pradesh because even a noc certified vehicle should be also listed in the current state’s Rto list.

Seems like you missed this part in my post.

Till the Point Ather comes to AP, you cannot change from TS to AP.

Seems like I alone have to toil to get the ather 450 listed in my state’s vehicle list🤔

I spotted an Ather 450 near Nalanda Convent, Tumkur. Would be very helpful to know on how they got it to Tumkur and challenges (if any ) they faced if they are using it permanently here. If the owner is on the community can you please share your experience?

Tumakuru should actually be quite easy considering where all the Ather 450 has been taken. Here’s one detailed report of an experience of getting the 450 registered in Shivamogga