OTA Wants - Feature requests

Remote shutdown of vehicle through app will be a good future update.

1 Like

Right now Guide me home lights option has only ON and OFF. Like Dark Mode Theme this feature also needs ON/OFF/AUTO. If Auto mode selected the Guide me home lights can function 6pm to 6am. In ON Mode it can function all time. OFF Mode is completely disengaging that feature.

1 Like

Need access for IFTTT to work with the ather app. So, it opens up a lot of opportunities with smart devices.

3 Likes

That is actually a great idea! Most obvious application would be a smart plug disconnecting power to the charging point when SoC reaches 100%.

This thread —> Open API and Platform

I am even exploring screen scraping solutions that can capture the Charge% on the screen and trigger a IFTTT command… that’s how desperate I am now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Notification requests for the mobile app

5 posts were split to a new topic: Option to disable boot-up chime

Is there any smart plug based on SIM? I remember someone in the forum mentioned that they were trying that option…

I have seen some farm equipment providers offering remote SIM based switches for pumps in farms. Yet to come across a retail version of it.

2 Likes

After riding for the initial ~400 KMs, here is my “request list” that I feel benefit everyone if those were available in the Scooter.

Scooter Should Have:

-Motor immobiliser (motor lock/ break lock) to park in the slop confidently

-When the battery is getting charged by re-gen breaking, show this as a GREEN hue with the same intensity at which it is getting charged (lighter to darker)

-Show how much power it consumes while showing the RED hue color

-To be able to schedule start or schedule stop the Home Charging (to be controlled to avoid the peak time consumption, 6-9 in Bengaluru) & exit if max charge limit reached certain level (Say 80%)

I know a smart plug can help here, but people who stays in apartments would have a fixed connection to the meter, as well the availability of a wifi connection to this plug is a very rare situation.

-Scooter screen to show “Charging complete” when home charging is 100% completed. Currently, it shows “100%” and “Charging”.

-Option to disable Scooter boot up chime

App Update:

-To Show the vehicle at service center/Service mode when given for service. And get such notification updates on the status.

-Show Service History

Food for Thought:

-Eco, Ride & Sports Mode option order to be made opposite to the current sort order

This helps in swift change to an upper (gear) mode in situations like an immediate overtake [this helps as it is easy to use thumb to push than pulling the knob]

9 Likes

When I used Smart Plug to control the charging, I wasn’t sure if the smart plug from the meter can get signal from my home wifi router… Fortunately, it got signal. But, if it had NOT worked, I thought of an alternative…

Keep a portable hotspot (with 4G SIM) in your scooter boot itself. Then, the smart plug can use that signal to control charging. I believe a hotspot will be relatively cheap and easy to setup.

For the smart plug to work, the phone and the plug should be connected to the same wifi network. If your plug can’t connect to your home wifi, most probably your phone at home will also be not able to connect to the wifi hotspot in the scooter right? So your idea may not work isn’t it? If that will work I’ll do that…I’ve a hotspot lying around without being used!

1 Like

I was able to control my smart plug using Google Home interface from my office using Mobile network. So, I believe it has no dependency on the network my phone is connected.

2 Likes

Most smart plugs on sale today are cloud enabled, so it wouldn’t matter which network they are installed on and which network you are on to track them.

I have mine configured over IFTTT, Google Assistant and Alexa and have been able to trigger it from Home/Office and even a different city altogether.

2 Likes

I have installed few 2G sim based solution for multiple projects. It cost around 5k minimum.

Note:3G/4G modems are very expensive. If you need full details DM me.

@raghav.srinivasan @prasathvishnu which type of smart plugs you use can you share pictures or product link

Check here:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/third-party-accessories-compilation/6451

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji I think in the compilation, the link to the smart plug is wrong…

For item #7 and #8, it is referring to same post.

This is the right one https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/discussion-on-accessories/770/498

Oops, thanks for flagging this, I’ve fixed it.

1 Like

Was looking for some more WiFi switches and came across this 2G/3G actuated remote switch—> https://www.sonoff.in/Sonoff-G1-GPRS-GSM-Remote-Power-Smart-Switch