OTA Wants - Feature requests

Your assumption is not true either! The full milage charge you see is considering the weight of an average rider, since eco-75, ride-65 and sports-55 is true range of 450. If we considered only the weight of the vehicle, we would get arai certified range of above 100kms/ charge

2 Likes

In ride statistics, need to add one more parameter, ‘change in SoC’. It should just show the difference between the start and end of each ride.

4 Likes

Agree. i mean to say that only.

Something to adjust the amount of regen braking…Through app or dash

Some detail about how much battery has been charged by regen braking on the dash or the app

In the app in the home screen there should be option to change the mode to check the available range

What is the latest OTA NUMBER

Refer the “Over The Air Updates” Topic for this (quoted below).

The latest App version is 3.3.0 and the latest Scooter firmware version is 4.1.5. Not all scooters have the 4.1.5 for now I think. Depending on issues the scooters have versions ranging from 4.1.2 to 4.1.5.

You can go to the profile section of your app and tap settings menu. You’ll see App version here. Within settings menu tap if you tap Vehicle OTA update it’ll show scooter firmware version and update if any available. See screenshot from my app

2 Likes

I hope the Dark mode is released soon. It becomes difficult sometime to ride during night time as the screen gets too bright and lights up your face. This become worse where there are no street lights.

4 Likes

By any chance has the wiring for the heads light fine through the dash? because like for day time running lamp we don’t need to use the main lights right?.. just the lights in the head is enough…So some option in the dash so that the lights can be turned on automatically after 6pm.

And an option for both indicators on.

1 Like

If you read the initial posts, this has been discussed. According to the rules of the Government, headlights must be always on. And the Pilot lamps on our scooters don’t qualify as DRLs

Request for the hazard lamps is also made by some people…But Ather has no plans for that so far AFAIK.

1 Like

@Ather.Team Just like power saving mode in smartphones… Dashboard option to Enable Low power mode / Reserve mode when the battery level reached below 10% so that we can ride the vehicle in 20-30 kmph for more kms with automatic suggestion of nearby Ather grid. or some kind of reserve warning in dashboard because estimated kms sometimes vary based on number of riders, Tyre pressure etc… Please check the feasibility.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to adjust the auto turn indicator cut off threshold or not, but if it is, it really should be made a bit more sensitive.

The indicator turn off should also occur quicker after the vehicle returns to the upright position, as opposed to how it is now, where it takes a while.

And finally, there should be a subtle sound like a bloop or a ping, to notify the rider that that the indicator has been turned on, and then another one when it has been turned off, regardless of whether the indicator was manually turned off, or automatically. This lets the rider know immediately when the indicator has been unintentionally turned off half way through a turn or something. It would also allow people who turn off the indicator sound in the settings to be more aware of whether the indicator is on or off, as I usually have a bad habit of forgetting to turn off the indicator.

If the first two are infeasible, I would presume at least the third one is very easy to implement.

Right now for the 450, if your battery level becomes low, your vehicle automatically switches to a low power mode that’s similar in performance to the Eco mode. This is done to ensure that you’re able to reach home or the nearest Grid. During this mode, the dashboard and all connectivity functions will work as expected. The dashboard itself consumes very little power, so turning off the dashboard would result in very minor gains.

2 Likes

Ather team,

@abhishek.balaji, It would be great if you could add the charging Notification in App at 80% SoC also. We can be known when our Scooter is fast charging at Public Grid for helping others or even at house DOT for saving our Current/Time. Ather has mentioned that always maintain SoC between 20-80% for safe and longevity of battery life. Just add App alert at 80% SoC also like now at 100% full.

4 Likes

It would be better if we could set from the app at what soc we want charging to stop. Can get down 2 floors and turn it off after getting the notification.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Remote shutdown of vehicle through app will be a good future update.

1 Like

Right now Guide me home lights option has only ON and OFF. Like Dark Mode Theme this feature also needs ON/OFF/AUTO. If Auto mode selected the Guide me home lights can function 6pm to 6am. In ON Mode it can function all time. OFF Mode is completely disengaging that feature.

1 Like

Need access for IFTTT to work with the ather app. So, it opens up a lot of opportunities with smart devices.

3 Likes

That is actually a great idea! Most obvious application would be a smart plug disconnecting power to the charging point when SoC reaches 100%.

This thread —> Open API and Platform

I am even exploring screen scraping solutions that can capture the Charge% on the screen and trigger a IFTTT command… that’s how desperate I am now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Notification requests for the mobile app