Option to manually end ride instead of waiting for 7 mins

Sometimes we want ride stats after traveling a particular distance, but only way to get is to stop for 7 mins and wait. If we can set an option in settings to wait for 7 mins or stop current ride Immediately on key turnoff

3 Likes

Yeahhh this is what I wanted I hope they make it as a option

1 Like

I have observed that many (or most of the times), the trip doesn’t end when we reach a location. Effectively, half a day out, visiting a few locations is shown as a single trip and stats in the app.

Wondering if it makes sense to allow riders to end trip from dashboard if the intelligent scooter cannot identify a gap of 15~30 minutes when they motor was off and therefore should consider the next leg as a new trip?

Say yesterday, I went to Kala Ghoda, Napeansea Road, Dadar and then Bandra EC. All of these rides are shown as a single trip today when I rebooted the dashboard to see the ride stats. These should have been 4 trips in reality.

If there was 7 mins gap after stopping then it used to end and mark as 1 trip. If you stop and start within 7 minutes, then it wil be considered as same trip

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem to be the case. For example, on Saturday, I reached Kala Ghoda @ 2:20 PM. Was in a shop for exactly 30 minutes and left thereafter. The rides did not break into different trips. It makes the trip data grossly incorrect since I need to be able to segregate between Point A to Point B rides clearly.

@abhishek.balaji can we request a feature to manually end a trip when we stop at a place?

4 Likes

Maybe a workaround in software can be done in a coming update. If you disengage the motor and then turn off the key, it becomes a new ride. Or it will be considered as a single ride for more than 7 mins or so. What say?

3 Likes

UI / UX - can think of many options, but a simple ‘end trip’ option on the dashboard helps too OR as you said, kill switch and turn off the key signals a trip end.

1 Like

Already there is trip reset option showed for Trip A and Trip B. Adding that option for Current ride will be sufficient here.

3 Likes

3 hours gap after stopping and 2 trips were still combined today.

2 Likes

Maybe you did a shutdown between your rides. That’s why it’s showing efficiency 56

I have already created a feature request. Upvote

It looks like this is fixed now. I was out running some grocery errands last evening and each of my rides (with 3~4 minutes breaks in between) have been recorded as separate rides even when the stops were lesser than 7 minutes.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450X Discussions