Open API and Platform

I don’t think so that will happen by the end of this year maybe next year … I think they are mostly busy in changing back end … i think that is the reason some users trips have not updated this month correct me if I am wrong

User trips issue is not tied to them being busy - that has more to do with data and cloud connectivity.

1 Like

yes u may be correct . I was just speculating

@k.siddhartha.varma had PMd me about an app you built on the iOS platform to access the forum.

Please share here so iOS users can try it out for some feedback.

1 Like

Definitely give me few days adding more features

2 Likes

In Safari, you can open the share sheet and add to home screen. This adds the PWA as an app and works perfectly

If anyone using IOS 13 beta pm me I will share TestFlight link

I am using SWIFTUI to build app This feature is supported in IOS 13 and above builds

If some one can provide 3D model of ATHER 450 I can build AR based app

2 Likes

Happy to test it. Send me an invite at my username @gmail.com?

Is there a way to access the bike’s location through maybe an API?

by using it, I can form a geofence through a service like IFTTT/Google Maps etc which inturn would help me automate a bunch of stuff like open the Garage door, turn the lights on etc.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, they have not hosted any of the vehicle features as an API. We’ve been asking for atleast non-critical functions like how an 4w OBD2 port would give you read outs

2 Likes

Ahem. Time to rally support!

7 Likes

I just made a Twitter account for myself to support this.

1 Like

Are there any plans to open up APIs for developers or techies to develop custom Apps or even tweak the dashboard?

1 Like

Ather told last Saturday that they’ve got no plans to do it in the near future, but maybe sometime in the future.

I hope we get to see this feature soon. “OK Google, charge my Ather” “OK Google, stop charging after 80%” and so on…

2 Likes

I like the stop charging at 80% feature :slight_smile: but if/once Ather provides options to customize charging within the app, I don’t really see Google Assistant improving the experience. The vehicle will need to be connected to the charger at all times while parked for the assistant to be of use. Curious to know if folks here use the Dot/Point in that manner.

1 Like

On rare occasions when I am too lazy to reach for my phone, open the eWeLink app and press that ON button - I scream out “Alexa, turn on the Ather Charger” and wait for the familiar “ta-ding” sound of the bike turning on.

5 Likes

I think ather should conduct one competition for automobile engineering students to design foot rest and centre stand for ather 450

6 Likes

Can Ather share the existing GET API’s that is used to get the SoC information, statistics etc. With this we could create our own reports which best suits personal preference.

3 Likes