On Road Experience

Ha ha

rental to electric? totally two different aspects… not sure what was the intention of his question…

2 Likes

yesterday for the first time i saw flight (may be heard first)

i was sitting in the basement waiting for cab listening to music.

i heard flight ‘‘wheeeeee’’ along the music, first i thought it is hallucination - but second time (probably he is crossing a bump ) i hear this again tried to look around - but couldnt find then i ran to the exit (though i have pain near my heel bone - excitement ignored that) - and almost lost him, started waving my hands - some how i was able to grab his diagonal view attention - but appeared he is in hurry, so didnt bother him much - gave my contact and asked him to msg me

3 Likes

he must be confused with the number plate (couldn’t determine if it is electric or rental).

this use to happen everytime i was going to nandi hills in weekend at the toll gate where they use to stop every other bike and when they see my flight they ask the same question (ElectriQ?) and lose interest as there is no room to ask bribe - most of the riders miss on pollution check as they forget to validate very often (most of them still not aware of fast EV’s around, in the city)

2 Likes

Actually there is lack of information among many people. I work in Siemens and always park in my office basement parking. One day building security called me and asked why have I parked rented vehicle in basement as it is against rule. They had never seen green board before.

2 Likes

I am not 100% in understanding Kannada, but I am pretty sure that he asked me if it was rental bike or electric?
Though me and mom were wearing helmet and i was in eco mode(not riding fast and overtaking)

2 Likes

Rental bikes will have all the paperwork in place, so no point harrassing the guy. EVs are still considered slow and it requiring registration etc

After helmet less riding, I guess, the next most sought after violation would be a expired PUC. So no use harrassing a EV rider for that.

I am also face it same question by police .and till police always shows me green flag

1 Like

Sir I think traffic police meant about own electric bike or rental electric bike(zoomcar have e-scooters for rent in Bengaluru)
Yes, like others mentioned no issue with PUC and for insurance we need not worry for 5 years, I would be funny if any ignorant police ask for PUC for Ather:joy:

3 Likes

Maybe

While I haven’t been stopped by cops, a lot of people ask me if it’s a rental on the road. Especially during late hours.

Reason: The dark green plate looks black which is a standard for rental vehicles. Most people see it as black, and since there are plenty of rental vehicles, and not enough with green plates, they assume it is rental

8 Likes

Well, that could be the answer for the checking. May be new HSRP changes that scenario as the background green is lighter than pre April version plates.

1 Like

i daily ride near KSIT, i stay and work in the same area. so i ride atlest 3 times a day in that area…

1 Like

Today I’d been near Ulsoor lake.
I saw an Ather on Model cross street near MNKrishnaRao Park in Basavanagudi (around 11:15AM). Honked and waved at the owner and got back a smile in acknowledgement :slight_smile: anybody here?
JC road to Safina Plaza so many people enquired about the scooter while riding. One guy followed me throughout and at every signal asked the same set of questions :slight_smile:
Return trip, saw another Ather on Nagasandra Road, Thyagarajanagara. Blue Tshirt, french beard with spectacles and without Helmet. He didn’t notice me (around 12:45PM). Anyone here?

2 Likes

@hemanth.anand I stay in basavanagudi. Just 2 road parallel to M N krishnarao park…

1 Like

People without helmet wouldn’t reply :joy:

2 Likes

saw this on left side of highway when returning from nandi hills

6 Likes

It’s Devanahalli fort

4 Likes

@Abhishek Airport road today?

I was riding there yesterday afternoon!!