Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Did anyone got the Test ride from this forum I just saw The CEO posted a couple of pics of customers reviewing the product.

The user interface is killing me

1 Like

I mailed the support asking for it. They are sending so called invite-only links to limited customers only. I am surprised with the fact that they are biasing with those customers, too, who have already paid the advance amount.

How is it possible? The test rides are anyway starting from 12th… It is so much messed up IMO

3 Likes
2 Likes

The dash seems to be in demo mode. Both the Wifi and Data signal icons show zero strength :grin:.

Too much clutter and I don’t understand why the need to show an SMS message in such tiny font on that small screen!

1 Like

Compare that with what they showed during the August demos… :neutral_face:

The reason, from what I can guess, has probably to do with the same thing I mentioned a while ago that I heard:

So I guess a few more OTAs to go before it is as polished as in the August unveil!

2 Likes

Maybe the demo mode, a user is controlling it though, but it’s so fast, also they have the themes to adjust to fonts so it won’t be an issue, but they did solve ather s 2 problems A faster dashboard and the range, even in what looks like 50% battery the range shows 104 kms maybe they set that up to for the Demo but that’s a magic number which never appeared on Ather, Ather can give 4.kw and up battery by replacing the 4.2amp cell to 5amp samsung cell , with that I’m sure for few extra cents it will happen 4.kw will boost the range without modifications to existing battery case For dashboard I don’t think anything other than a completely rewritten software or a hardware improved dashboard

3 Likes

The one you have shared is actually the Etergo’s dashboard.

Here’s the one for Ola →

Another one →

7 Likes

Im not liking the looks or the builds but man the software looks smooth for now.

5 Likes

That interface is, what’s the word I’m looking for…, soo “basic”, The YouTube is full of garbage, still if anyone gets their hands on the OLA please post a detailed reviews

1 Like

Am I the only one who feels decent build quality without any major hardware issues is more important than software features? I am just hoping it does the basics (build quality, handling, acceleration, real-world range, charging, etc…) right and basic software features like navigation, syncing, and ride statistics.

@hemanth.anand waiting for your test ride experience.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Probably the most detailed video I have seen till now.

5 Likes

looks like this is the first time he ever has ridden an EV scooter, that’s why he’s in joy, Anyone who has ridden a proper EV like ather can actually compare that with OLA can provide the real difference

5 Likes

Well I take test ride of Ather & Ola both. As my experience now ola set new standard for EV two-wheeler…after test ride of ola I already purchased it.

1 Like

Purchased s1 today . Got it for 83800 rs in Maharashtra on road… great price in Maharashtra

5 Likes

Do a review and comparison, please!

2 Likes

How long before delivery?

1 Like
3 Likes

The software experience seems to be goood. That zooming of the map was like butter. I am jealous. Ather please let us upgrade that tablet and get us a good operating system. :blush:

6 Likes