Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Well, I think they have not yet solved the Motor Heating Issue.

Hmm For some reason I’m not able to see the FB video link that I posted so I created a hyperlink

2 Likes

looks like it will be very nice,Hopefully, these will come to fruition in the next 1-2 years as planned and forces the traditional companies like Hero, TVS, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki to develop electric 2 wheelers.

4 Likes

So much negativity about Ola from Ather owners here😂… From 0 position Ather also won’t be able to climb in eco mode. If you want to climb such steep with pillion you need to change mode on both the scooters. What makes you all think Ather will be able to do what Ola can’t since Ola’s motor has much more power than Ather. There’s a reason different modes are given to adjust motor torque and power. Just use it. Why create fuss.

3 Likes

If there’s not enough charge to change modes(Eco mode), then what can we do🤔?

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has said that Eco mode would do it. People are saying that Ather would likely do it in Ride mode and would certainly do it in Sports or later.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Maybe there is some truth to Ola having problems with steep climbs! I was watching this video from a channel called EV Travel XP. He recently rode up the Tirupati hills on both Ola and Ather.

He first rode on Ola S1 Pro and then on Ather 450X. In the Ather video, he says that Ola struggled a little while climbing up and that Ather didn’t have any issues.

This is the video. It’s in Telugu btw. The relevant section starts at 16:05.

It may be just another data point here, but if we keep seeing more such issues, it would mean that Ola isn’t using its powerful motor efficiently!

7 Likes

Ather 450X vs OLA S1 Pro unbiased review :zap: From an Ather owner’s perspective…

5 Likes

FYI :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

The front look was lit when he removed the dashboard. :joy:

Still… Ola doesn’t get auto cut off indicator feature which our Ather get’s and… many more features like Guide me home lights, Indicator sound on and off option, boooot light also, charger lock when the vehicle is charging ( this could be a basic feature for all electric vehicles)

3 Likes

I’m spotting Ola way too much, on some Tow trucks rather than on roads is that a new feature of the company that they are displaying? Some kind of ad campaign maybe :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I have initially spotted few on Pune roads but now they seems to be inexistent

2 Likes

I spotted a couple in Goa last week. :blush:

2 Likes

If the service vans are not available then they tow it to their service center which are mostly in outskirts of a city

4 Likes

I’m yet to see an Ola on the road. Not sure why they are avoiding me :sweat_smile: On a side note, the number of Athers I see has increased quite a lot over the past couple of months. It’s almost certain that I’ll see a few going around if I step out of my house.

3 Likes

Yes it’s good to see more Ather’s on road but I’m not even finding any Ather grid idle for a quick charge. Recently had to wait for 25mins as a guy just left his Ather to charge fully.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m hearing a similar feedback from others on the forum too. With number of Athers on the road increasing rapidly, the grids should also expand.

The number of grid points in a city should be proportional to the number of bikes on the road. Hope Ather is already looking into that. Also, Ather should start putting another charger in grids where there is a single one. Makes it easier. Having one is good already but having two in a place makes it twice as likely for atleast one to be free when in hurry.

Some feedback to consider @abhishek.balaji.

4 Likes

Ather has two options

1. increase the range
  2. increase the Grids at substantial distance

I think Ather should go for first one. What you say ???

2 Likes

The first one is obvious. If Ather needs to compete with the current day Ola and future Simple one models it needs to increase the range.

But along with that, that grids should also be beefed up. It’s not an either-or sich here.

2 Likes