Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Correct, last 15 percentage can simply be put up as 5 percentage

Is there any diff in spec bw etergo app scooter and newly launched ola S1 series

1 Like

Yes. Ola S1 Pro has a bigger battery and a more powerful motor.

Etergo:

• 3.45 kWh battery
  • 6 KW peak power motor

Ola S1 Pro:

• 3.97 kWh battery
  • 8.5 KW peak power motor
3 Likes

If Ather increases the battery to 4kwh and retain the same motor then it will be a great deal…

2 Likes
5 Likes

No Doubt Ather is expensive, even though we are paying the more upfront we need to pay for the yearly subscriptions as well, which is excluding what we paid upfront. OLA is giving what ever Ather is giving plus better range and top speed with much lesser than Ather is currently offering. Yes OLA has some issues now, i am sure eventually it will be addressed, Ather has to act before that and bring in some value addition for the premium we are paying. if the niggles what OLA is currently having if they are fixed, I dont know why people will go for Ather instead of OLA

9 Likes

Well I booked 3 times for Ather but due to VFM I am now OLA owner from 29th December 21.

1 Like

Not exactly… we are still waiting for a lot many software features they promised/ teased during the launch. Software is where Ather messed up big time. Let’s wait and see how Ola performs here… :blush:

1 Like
4 Likes

Nostalgic. We also heard the same that regen level will be increased once customers gets used to regen and riding EV.

It’s our problem. We are not getting used to it after 3 years also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought there is no-regen in OLA, and only has a motor cut-off feature when brakes are applied. I’m missing something, Still, clear specs are not out, What brand Motor it has, What cells are they using Li-Ion or LIPO, What platform of voltage it uses, Is it BLDC or PMSM motor, what cooling it has? what are the service costs?

4 Likes

Someone need to get a copy of User Manual OLA must have been provided to customers. And hopefully that user manual will reveal all the specifications and features

1 Like

There is regen in Ola. Also, you can force regen by twisting the accelerator in opposite direction.

The battery is a Lithium-Ion battery, cylindrical cells, and the chemistry is NCA. This is mentioned in the invoice.

1 Like

I did 139 kms in my Ather 450 when ARAI is 107. So 30% extra

When ola says 181 and he got 187 or 200 its only 10% extra

All that is very difficult and painful. Realistic range is True Range which Ather was disclosing from Day 1 even though people can miss understand it with ARAI.

Ola Advertised ARAI Range when many customers are unaware of difference between ARAI and Realistic Range

3 Likes

Saw this posted on a Telegram group. The cells do look like 21700s

4 Likes

At what speeds you got 139 km range that too from 450?

Maybe share the tips, so that others also can get similar range.

2 Likes

Here are the differences between ola and Ather

Power

Ola has peak of 8kw and continuous of 5.5kw of motor power while Ather 450x has 3.3kw and 6kw respectively.

Battery

While Ather uses 14s12p (2.9kw @ 51.1v nom) 168 cells in total . ola uses 14s16p pack. (3.9kw @ 51.1v nom) 224 cells in total . Yes they have same voltage battery packs . They expect a the same efficiency of 30 wh/ km as Ather. 3924.48wh(battery capacity)/131km(claimed range) . They both use 21700 li-ion cells. Since they have a big battery they haven’t kept any buffer like Ather. It would be interesting to look what they do with S1 model since it has a smaller 3kw battery. Would they risk using complete battery capacity is yet to be known with their S1 model.

Frame

On the first look it’s made of iron while Ather uses alluminium.

Others

Not sure anything about OS used or any software and dashboard related specs. Please post if known.

Note : I might be wrong, feel free to correct if you find any right information.

4 Likes
2 Likes

It’s the same battery pack being used for the S1 as well. It is just software restricted to a lower capacity.

2 Likes

That’s mostly not the case because of the price difference between S1 and S1 pro. They have never said S1 can be upgraded to S1 pro at a later point in time.

2 Likes