Offline maps

It can’t handle yt playback. :relieved:

1 Like

It should be able to run. There were phones in 2019 which launched with 3gb ram lol. They are using AOSP so apps are very limited. Even a Raspberry Pi with 1 GB Ram can play YouTube videos and run entire NAS. The lastest Raspberry with 2GB Ram can run entire Google TV in it. Very sure 3.1 Gen is capable of running smoothly.

3 Likes

SD 212 is 2015 quad-core cortex A7 based 32-bit chip, the latest rpi4 is octa-core cortex A72 based 64-bit chip. The comparable rpi would be rpi2 released in 2015 with almost exact if not the same architecture. Ather should just ditch the now ancient sd 212 and can use somthing like rpi4 CM modules.

4 Likes

Entire Fire stick 3rd gen lineup uses similar setup. And that comes in a stick. They also have 2gb ram and 32bit chip 8gb storage

2 Likes

Mate, you are mixing things up here, any major SOC launched after 2016-17 uses ARMv8 architecture using 64-bit lanes and sd-212 uses ARMv7 architecture having 32-bit lanes. Also, this had a specific purpose built gpu and dsp to handle the video output.

3 Likes

Yes but this was mostly for phones. Some TV hardware still uses 32bit processor. Same goes for Fire stick and Mi sticks. Very sure even in 2020 they had 32 bit processor on TVs

1 Like

I don’t think you are getting the point, The processor used in Ather is really really old SD212 is a decade old with DDR2/3 RAM. ARM processor is capable of some usage, but, is not up for Ather’s massive OS, which handles 30 plus sensors, map, UI, and bloatware of Android.

4 Likes

this, on point.

phones, lower end phones. Tv and tv sticks are different class products and have specific sub-processors to handle the encode and video output.

1 Like

I recently brought Ather 450s. As I know scooter full screen navigation. But I strongly recommend Ather appust have offline city map with available charging station. this will enable user to faster path selection.

Even app like ‘EV Yatra’ shows more charging station then Ather app. Using this app i can plan cross city ride easily.

2 Likes