Nightmare at Rajajinagar

A nightmare at rajajinagar. Chare percentage 20. First stop Ather centre. One charger not working another occupied with owner of scooter missing. Security has no idea why one point not working. No contact number of scooter owner chwring on other grid. He has left it for an hour, his ecooter fully charged. Should have left ket with security. Orion mall charg grid wont open till 9. Time i was there 7 am. Headed to GT mall. Same scenario. Grid wont open till 8.30 as the parking staff has to come. Finally came home with 3% charge left. To sum it up better QC needed at grids and mall charge grids are a waste of a 24/7 option. To take this technology further grids every where need to be operational all the time.

4 Likes

Guys like this need to be more careful. They put their bike on charge and push off. If this market has to grow then some amount of cooperation is needed. Guess they should leave keys with security so that the grid can be freed. Also grids in malls operate with the mall timings. No 24/7 service

2 Likes

Hey Vikash, surely not something one wishes to experience.

Didn’t you unplug the scooter when it was fully charged? The Grid unlocks once the scooter is 100% charged.

1 Like

I think this is a test ride vehicle of Rajajinagar EC. If it was fully charged then you could have just pulled out the charger. Had you tried that already?

2 Likes

Should there be a feature of auto unlock of charger when battery reaches 100% ?

So that in exact scenarios like yours, you can unplug from the 100% battery and plug it on yours? :thinking:

3 Likes

The feature is already available. The Ather Grid unlocks at 100% charge.

5 Likes

Had another experience at Ather Rajajingar. My first encounter was a few months ago when I had a front disc brake jam and the people at the centre acted like it had absolutely nothing to do with them. They didn’t even want to listen to what the issue was. They basically shooed me away and I had to call RSA.
Today I went there after a broken side stand.

Went there and since I couldn’t park, I asked a technician if he could help and he said “We can’t fix it” :sweat_smile:. And then just walked away like he has nothing to do with my scooter. After speaking to the manager, they explained to me that they don’t have a single technician at the centre and they do only sales and if I have any issue with regards to sales, they will help me, otherwise they can’t do anything. At least this time they listened to the issue. Just a bit of feedback to Ather. I understand that not all your showrooms have service available. But it destroys the trust in the brand, not just for me but for so many people who were at the centre to take a look at the scooter. They saw that the same people who were trying to sell them the scooter, say that they can’t help me because they don’t have a single technician. They would have wondered what they would do after buying the product then. It’s quite common for a customer to show up at a showroom for minor service concerns like this. Having 1-2 technicians would really help build more trust in your brand. @tarun maybe something you could look into. Lack of service at the point of sale didn’t look good to potential new customers at the centre.

I finally went to Peenya service centre and dropped it off for a fix. Estimated cost of ₹3500 for a side stand. Because apparently they won’t reattach the same one because it’s a bit old and worn out and they can’t remove a broken bolt stuck in the mount. I don’t know if I should be surprised with the price of the side stand or the lack of the ability to remove a broken bolt and reattach the same side stand :sweat_smile:. Parts are still so expensive at Ather :frowning:

5 Likes