New level unlocked! šŸ¤”

Just 15 days before I bought my Ather can I update the 3 gen future to my veichle

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m taller than average, and Iā€™ve given my scooter to folks taller than me, too. I didnā€™t face any issues nor did I hear anything from them. Itā€™s not the most comfortable seat, but I have ve got no problems with it. At least not so far.

This is interesting question :+1:

I second that, considering that was the easiest fix of all the other fixes on the Gen 3.

2 Likes

It is a problem on long rides. Say 1 hour rides. Itā€™s just terrible. I had to go to physiotherapist to recover and stop riding my bike. I was one of the initial ones to buy my 450. Knowing the Ather bike improvements are community feedback driven, I was very upset that they did not work on the seat.

I think the problem could be 3 fold

1. The density of the seat. Itā€™s tooo soft. And the seat is not flat for the rider. I think the frame itself doesnā€™t suit here.
  2. Thereā€™s a slope between the rider and the pillion seats. Which makes the rider slide forward all the time. If you sit ahead of the slope, itā€™s too less a space to sit.
  3. The seat height is a little low if youā€™re sitting in front(ahead of the slope). If the seat height has to be increased- the handle height should be increased too coz your knee would end up hitting the handle when you turn

The Burgman has the best scooter seat ergonomics. The place to keep your legs too. Ortho docs suggest the knee should be above or in line with your hip level when you sit on bikes. (Something cruiser bikes have)

Add images

2 Likes

I think getting the seat design perfect for all types of rider heights is a challenge. I guess what all auto manufacturers try is to find a sweet spot for all. So a workaround could be to get your Ather seat modified as per your requirements.

Something like this

When 90% of my rides were less than 10 kms, I never felt seat to be a big problem. Thatā€™s why even when I was tempted to modify the seats like many others did, I resisted my temptation and left it untouched, because most of the time my rides were less than 10 km.

But, when I started going for long rides, I really felt the problem what many were complaining here. I am yet to use an Ather with the modified seat (adjusted padding) to see how much better it is.

Also, when I take kids as pillion rider, they keep sliding down, which does not happen in my wifeā€™s scooter :smiley:

3 Likes

I did get my seat modified. And I think the workaround can be done if they but in effort? Iā€™m sure they could have done it with the gen 3. If they can spend so much on battery research which is equally important, I think working on seat design Is equally important. Because I used to love to ride my flight before( used to do short distances). Post covid when I took my flight for long rides, my back went for a toss. I donā€™t feel like riding my bike anymore :/// thatā€™s customer satisfaction too right? Iā€™m sure @tarun @abhishek.balaji would agree.

1 Like

Wow. That sounds terrible. I did do a couple of 1 hours+ long rides, but did not eeling anything like that.

I have seen people that have got custom seats done on the forum. Maybe you should look for that.

Ya. If they are more than a hour rides I go get back Pain like anything. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Smart idea @chethanchandrashekar

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve got my seat modified. Itā€™s relatively a little better now

can you please share where you got it modified. A few pics would be helpful too.

1 Like

JMJ Seat Covers

NO 58 NETHAJI ROAD NXT LENSKART B/H HMS BAJAJ Service Kammanahalli Main Road CROSS, near Arunodaya Medicals, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560084 094485 20980 https://g.co/kgs/RRxhxe

Mr Lokesh. He is very helpful and considerate. Basically I got my seat flat and a increased the height a little bit. He put a new foam which is a little harder compared to the stock foam and then worked on it.

Itā€™s actually flat. You canā€™t make out from pics coz thereā€™s gap between the cover n foam

1 Like

Can someone tell me what are the perks the gen 2.0 or earlier users will get? I know the mirrors will be backwards compatible. What about side step ( ladies foot rest)? Battery upgradability? Anything else?!

There seems to be some confusion around this still. But as far as the latest news goes, Gen 2 owners can get mirror and tyre upgrades. Battery upgrades are certainly not going to be possible. (not economical either!). Backwards compatibility for the Footrest is still being looked at by Ather. It is not guaranteed to be available.

6 Likes

they have added some extra thing to scooters frame to take the weight of foot rest in Gen 3 which is not present Gen 2 so it cant be fitted on old ones I think

3 Likes

See, with vehicles that have wheel size limited to and upto 15 inches will provide more feedback, in results, we have back pains( the hip joints-will ache) ! You enjoy the ride with compromise of comfort! Suspension do thier job! But trust me, I have Ntorq, i had Jupiter,@Ather Energyā€¦ They have put power and efficiency together, and most of all better ride quality! With people beyond 5.8 will have issuesā€¦ Definitely!!!

3 Likes

Yes, it is the issue with most scooters :frowning: bikes are more comfortable. Iā€™m waiting for a good electric bike

2 Likes

Totally, I think electric scooters are now sorted with consumers having better choices. Now, letā€™s please move to good electric bikes. :blush::v:

2 Likes