Mprags's Review of the Ather 450

Well, i have been silent all this while, just reading all the comments, suggestions, complaints, blah, blah, blah. There is a reason behind this - Though i was one of the first 10 lucky guys to own this beauty, my rides are very short and i just ride this rarely. My ODO till now hasn’t crossed 400 kms yet! I would think i haven’t experienced the vehicle just enough to provide an update.

Here is my short update on my ownership experience till now: Pros: Futuristic Electric Bike - Can beat any 2w scooter in design/style, performance, pickup, speed, etc. Go-Green initiative - Definitely feel proud for not polluting mother earth (whatever minute contribution) Zero visits to petrol bunks

Cons: Range is stuck at 42 kms, either ECO or not. Ather team seems to be still working on fixing this issue and i haven’t yet received any concrete information on the cause of this. Though they indicate that my driving was aggressive, i noticed this drop just after my 1st 2 hour city commute and right after my first full charge at my home pod. So, i don’t know what kind of testing they had performed and how aggressive it was?

PS: Please don’t ask for my order id. If anyone needs an update for their order, the Ather team is the only source to provide it.

Raghu.

9 Likes

Just thought of writing an update regarding the Range issue/problem i faced in my Ather 450. I tried to change my ride style and have become more cautious in using the accelerator. I must admit - during the first few days, whenever i would realize that other 2 wheeler riders were noticing my Ather with wide eyes, i would always feel like revving up the scooter and race ahead of the pack (showing them the power of Ather). However, i think these were some of the reasons for the range degradation. After riding about 100kms with a sedate ride style and a couple of full charges, i’m now able to see about 56/57 kms on the range (ECO mode). I’m still trying to change wherever i can - I will eagerly follow this post for suggestions/advises from experts who can guide the Ather riders on fine tuning the riding style. I do have some gradients in and around my apartment… and the initial power needed to get my Ather from basement to the road will still cause the range to be a little lesser than the advertised True Range, but i’m okay with it.

5 Likes