Move OS 4

Has anyone seen the new Ola maps? It is so fluid, 3D, shows stop signals and even 3D buildings. Ather cannot be defended on this one.

3 Likes

Live Torque (nm) and Power (kw) figures in the speedo. While we have to deal with the stupid wings, which I just prefer hiding by sliding the maps on.

While Ather is evolving backwards by removing a trip meter and efficiency number.

5 Likes

Ather even talked about ‘Welcome Lights’ a few years ago, which I’m confident we have the hardware for (just needs bluetooth to sense the paired phone nearby) but apparently still hasn’t been done. How difficult can it be to simply turn the lights when the phone connects? Ola is literally unlocking an entire scooter with that.

———— edit

Why do we have people defending Ather here for doing the bare minimum (providing features that work). It is understandable that Ather doesn’t want to push buggy or experimental updates to the mass market, but even the beta program in Ather is a joke. The only Beta I’ve ever seen and used is paid Grid charging, lol. If they can run a beta for that, then what’s stopping them from experimenting with features? Govt homologation?

In my 1 year of ownership, there have been only two major useful features additions: Autohold and Vector Maps.

However, the number of downgrades: Ugly UI in Atherstack 5, removed efficiency figures and trip meters, buggier UI, less responsive indicators (they dont turn on in one press), broken promises of cruise, coasting regen, crawl control.

14 Likes

Maps are really colorful and fluid

1 Like

Or gen 9 or may be gen 68

1 Like

Classic case of mods defending Ather for doing bare minimum. Noticed same during Coasting regen and now.

Goof Going. :clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

You are doing much better work than entire Ather team combined.

2 Likes

Ketan has made a balanced post calling out existing features, missing ones and ones that need to be added in future updates.

This is isn’t defending Ather, it’s debating.

3 Likes

literally its sad to see the mods defend Ather not considering even from hardware part S1 Pro offers higher range,high top speed,wider service network and few gimmicks like speaker and mic which are now more useful than before since moveOS 4 all for being 20k lesser.Yes Ather gets the job done but it doesn’t do great job for costing more.Ather is gatekeeping hardware possbilities or just dont have the talent to implement it.

We have seen Ather give lame excuses or ignore even highest voted simple to implement feature requests or even their own labs features that shouldn’t take more than a month to be added.

yes having the best software experince was not priority when I bought Ather last year but a reliable scooter so I shouldn’t complain still Ather has clearly failed to keep up even on ownership experince with superbike level labour charges and internet or charging being paid.

7 Likes

Yeah, totally with you guys. In Maharashtra the price difference is 30k and as i mentioned in one of my previous posts, although the hardware is good but the price we are paying for that little bit of goodness is too much. Features are constantly being dropped are being locked behind paywall.

In recent FAQ videos they mentioned due to homologation, it is hard for them to give updates on power train, battery and brake lights. Like really, then what’s the point of buying an EV. EVs all around the world get software updates to improve the ownership and driving experience. TATA Nexon got several updates for range improvements, cruise control addition and several other. It is very easy to hide behind the HOMOLOGATION reason.

And on the Ather lab features, if you watch declassified video series, in which that lady mentioned, Lab features are ready to go when they entered in that list and they are checking the community response. So, why they are held back, not even beta testers got these features

8 Likes

If Ather team add back the Ride Efficiency on the Dashboard… I won’t even use the app after that.

Because I know that no new exciting features(Important features) are coming to the OLD gen 3

Aur Ather team… please allow users to select if he wants to update the SMART scooter or not.

3 Likes

Wao. Ather will bring Ather MaPS for Ather gen 10 and say due to HomOlOgation we can’t send the update to older gen models… bcz during the launch we had mentioned older models have Google maps :joy:

4 Likes

Move OS 4 has done Tweeks to force Regen. I don’t understand how Ather is not able to fix it’s own mess.

6 Likes

They don’t need that excuse anymore.

They can just say that older hardware doesn’t support it.

6 Likes

This is the actual truth completely agree on that

1 Like

Ather Has been teasing WhatsApp location to Scooter since ages now. Ola has already made it public to users with Move OS 4

1 Like

I still don’t get it, I’m using this from May. You can just use share with Ather in the WhatsApp. I don’t get it why are they advertising this as something new.

3 Likes

They are just trying to market it as new feature when in reality most of the features have already been there. Ather has made a big mess same goes to the marketing team

3 Likes

Accept it now there is no one here who is balanced .There are only two type of people hater and lover(Both next level people).

1 Like

I have seen less lovers in this forum since past 1 month. 80% want charger refund and rest 19% are unhappy with Ather not giving any valuable update or promised features. Remaining 1% might be the mute Mods and maybe tarun himself who are still lovers of the vehicle for the price point they are selling now.

7 Likes