Mobile App

Thanks for reporting, I’ve flagged this to the software team to check.

@govindrover and @josephsahayaraj can you both opt in to the app beta and let me know if the issue occurs?

1 Like

Sure, will join beta and keep you posted.

Edit: @abhishek.balaji joined beta. It’s loading in 3-4 seconds now, instead of the infinite loading screen.

I have tested with mobile data. I’ll observe through out the day and share the inputs.

Suggest me, should I opt out from Beta and test it with production build tomorrow if it’s working fine in Beta?

Joined, beta also flaky but working fine for now, will keep you posted. I am on Redmi 4, Android 7

1 Like

That’s very great input, to have CO2 prevented

But, not sure who are the UI/UX designers for this. Very cluttered design frame.

• Info cards overlapping one on other
  • To much information on single layout
  • CTA such as (Locate service station) is submerged in content stuffed.
  • Unwanted iconography for every information makes the design elements look closer and congested
  • On smaller screens it would look very bad with large fonts or too small fonts
2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji the app is opening and pass through the loading screen within 5 seconds.

But, the vehicle location is showing near lalbagh park when it’s in Horamavu. Also notice that, if the rides are getting sync which I rode inside Horamavu, the location should be pinned at my house not at lalbagh.

Pinned location: Lalbagh

Rides sync(Horamavu)

Loading issue now

I am also facing same issue. The app took almost 5 mins to load

I feel server issue, I too getting same error

1 Like

Open Sesame (app)…loading…loading…loading…since 4.45am…and Aladdin has still not lighted the lamp…open Sesame.

2 Likes

I am on beta too and the same issue :sob:

@abhishek.balaji after beta, the loading screen issues have come down for me. But today’s morning ride didn’t sync. Also, one of ride stats is with incomplete info.

Joined beta: 10-Mar

Incomplete ride stats: 11-Mar

Morning Ride stats unavailable: 12-Mar (Also I have reported via app)

How about having a motor kill switch built into the app? Though chances are remote, it would come in handy in instances of bikejacking (just like carjacking) emergencies. The bikejacker will have no option but to leave the scooter wherever it stops and abscond and the costly scooter can be retrieved by the owner. We can thus take advantage of connected bike tech.

4 Likes

This and geo-fencing is something I think the team needs to consider seriously. Since the technology is already in place for these (app, internet and GPS), it shouldn’t be too difficult! The only drawback of a motor kill feature I can think of is that it can be misused. Someone with access to your account can login and mess with you, or a hacker can really do you damage by killing it while you are on the road…

2 Likes

Seems like a good, but dangerous idea.

An OTP on the connected owner’s phone may be authenticated and proximity of the phone with respect to the vehicle can be evaluated to determine the exigency/emergency. Needs a bit of development work to make it less dangerous.

This is not possible unless the phone is synced to the scooter using bluetooth, right? Else, the GPS on the phone will always need to be on to determine the proximity. Minor complications, but complications nonetheless…

Yes, need to bank on phone’s GPS only as Bluetooth is ineffective beyond certain range. Some working concept may be built by Team Ather. This thought came up last night as I was riding home. A few asked me at traffic signals the cost etc (anyway details are available on internet). I was not comfortable in answering the question and I felt insecure about answering a stranger’s question. We can debate/discuss on this and Team Ather could come up with a solution.

Haha yes, get used to it! You’ll have at least one person per day on an average asking you about the bike :smiley:

On that note, if I remember correctly, the Ather Team had created ‘quick response’ cards and given them out during one of the Open Houses. @abhishek.balaji do you still have the soft copy of those? :wink:

Please share to me as well.