Mileage Archives

according the ride statistics updated from App, from stop 1 to last stop top speed - 36, 27, 27, 42, 39, 32.

Near Amma’s Pastries, KAMMANAHALLI?

2 Likes

Last night? Yeah😂

2 Likes

@ashishjha_101

By this time you would have updated the triple centuries (Eco, Ride & Spot)

1 Like

Yes, its century in all the modes.

10 Likes

Hello Guys,

Generally I use my Flight J (Ather 450) for my daily office commute Round Trip distance – 70 to 75kms, initially I use Eco mode and top-up during my lunch break at Ather Grid due to range anxiety (Since I don’t have charging point at office :frowning_face: ) but after couple of days I got the confidence and regularly using Ride & Sport mode and stopped top-up during lunch.

After couple of weeks even I come back to home I could see 25% of battery remaining (Point to be noted if I don’t use Sport mode) then I understood I got synchronized with my Flight :smile: and adopted correct riding paten.

However I will not use my Flight if my travel is more than 75kms & will use my ICE for those rides.

I just want to break my mental block, why should not I use my flight even for more than 75kms…??? (Definitely less than 100kms) since Ather themselves have Claims True range of 75kms in Eco mode. I could remember Ather Team have challenged during Chennai launch to break the Bangalore record of 119kms (The longest distance covered).

I don’t have any plan for any range test…… but I need to break my mental block regarding the range anxiety in Ride mode.

On 25th Dec 2019 at 01:00 AM I decided to started my Ride

The Flight is ready to take off with 100% Charge

Could reach 70.1Kms of distance by burring 50% of battery

Reached 100kms with 26% of battery remaining

At 17% of Battery by default the Ride mode has been change to Eco mode and could reach 115kms with 15% of charge remaining,

Ather shall revise their True Range numbers in their website & next pamphlets and its definitely more than 65kms in ride mode (I don’t want to declare the numbers since it’s all depends on the Speed you maintain and driving style).

Truly speaking I should have stopped my ride once the battery turned in to RED, Still I continued to show my fellow riders in Chennai what would be the range left / could reach the nearest Grid / charging point with the left out battery,

(Always question pops up in Chennai Ather Owner WhatsApp Group that I have low charge could I able to reach the nearest Ather Grid or not….etc…etc…etc… & I should thank @Rahul for his tireless reply and tips to reach the nearest Ather Grid for Charing and I would say he is the unofficial Ather CC of Chennai J who clarified many Ather Owners doubts…. and in the group we gave him a tag “Author of Ather” J Hope Ater owners should not get hurt… just for fun…)

Finally could achieve 134.8kms with full battery drain 0% and motor got switched off

BTW the number achieved during the last 20% of battery is less due to the battery settings SOC of battery compared to the numbers achieved during 100% to 20% of battery charge.

Ideally speaking as a layman I could say if Ather could achieve 70kms in 50% of battery, so at 100% of battery consumption it would have easily covered 140kms but in actual it don’t, @Ather.Team & Experts may comment on this issue is I am wrong.

Unfortunately this particular Ride statistics did not get updated in the App and raised ticket in CC and they informed that it shall take 48 Hrs to get updated, fingers crossed…LLL

I have not got this ride statistics till I post this….

Understood there might be some Cloud / technical issue…. Hopefully they might have this data at background as it’s a mile stone to their product Ather 450.

I take this opportunity to thank Ather Bangalore Owners without their feedback we Chennai Owners would not got the refined Ather V2.

I would like to say Ather Chennai Owner team is a growing team and shall give tough fight to Ather Bangalore Owner in terms of numbers as mentioned below,

Rahul made first long ride to Mahabalipuram even in the absence of Public Grid in that region.

Mukesh have set a new target in Eco Mode – 123.8Kms for a full single chare ride.

Ashish have made tripe centuries (100kms Range set in all Eco, Ride & Sport Modes) hope he is the person to create a new target in Sport Mode J

Gokul clocked maximum number of kms with a month time – Expecting his first service (5000kms) in couple of days.

Deva clocking maximum number of distance 200kms on the first day of delivery.

Not only best efficiency…. For Worst efficiency (Fun ride) and burring out of batteries we have Yash, Rahul, Deva Gokul Abhi…etc…etc…etc and the list goes on.

We are eagerly waiting for December 2019 in Numbers…. @Ather.Team would have tough time to present the December in Numbers in a better format as already we have bifurcated Chennai Statistics…. JJJ

Last but not least Chennai Ather Owners naa Summa Illa… Chance aaa illa….

Congratulation to @Tarun @Ather.Team and @Ather Management for this fantastic Magical machine, looking forward for a really long range & a Bike EV from Ather.

26 Likes

Oh man !!
I’m really jealous of the Chennai folks. The flat terrain and good roads with less bumps and potholes have definitely turned advantageous to you guys. But I’m not demotivating the owners, you guys are amazing to do such rides and achieve such stats. HATS OFF !! 134.8km is twice of what Ather claims. Couple of months back I too had a double century predictive range figures (ECO wasn’t out then), but no matter what there is always an Auto or a bus or a taxi that interrupts and makes me brake suddenly. I ride regularly on the Mysore road and believe me, the up & downs are numerous.

Looking forward to here more rides from the Chennai folks. ATB

7 Likes

Frankly, 135kms is not at all surprising. What’s shocking to me are these…

• 01:00AM to 08:00AM :flushed:
  • 7 hours at an avg speed 19kmph :flushed:

Hatsoff to your patience! Hope you had good sleep before and after.
Regarding the mental block, I was also like you in the beginning. My daily ride is 55kms. But now I do it completely in sports mode with a red dashboard most of the times.
Now that you’ve come out of your mental block, enjoy the scooter. It’s like a Ferrari, don’t ride it like a Kinetic Luna.

17 Likes

Good figures & congrats on achievement on board & at last you have taken over me , thank u so much for over riding me, at last I am relaxed & no more in sky , so your dinner now confirmed with. @tarun.
now you Have came out totally of range anxiety dilemma .
The record u have done in empty night roads of chennai & that too in speed of around 20kms so next. You know where to be done & maintain speed around 35-40 range create more new records.

5 Likes

@Ashish

I am on my way following you…

But reaching century in sport mode is a bit tough… Will follow up your tips

2 Likes

My Ather crossed 7000kms yesterday. Actually it was 6964kms on Friday evening when I returned back from office. Just to make it 7000, went on a small ride on Saturday morning :grin:

11 Likes

Thanks bro for the advice,
The mental block is clear and today I have taken my flight for a 56kms round trip in Sport mode, it was a decent no harsh drive… max speed of 70km/hr and when I returned to home I have left with 20% of battery.

Hopefully I can do the same sport mode for my daily office ride of RT 70km,

I have made many Hybrid / Multiple mode (Ride in City and Sport in Highway) to save some battery :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

@hemanth.anand

After the range test, daily I am using only Sport mode,

One day trying to dodge a Honda City in the highway for about 15kms… Unfortunately Ather has been looked for the maximum speed of 91km/hr (True speed 80km/hr) could not win with my Ferrari :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

Yesterday I could cover a distance of 68km with 16% battery charge remaining achieving in a minimal time, could manage the efficiency of 30Wh/km, maintaining an average speed of 44km/hr and maximum speed of 75km/hr,

Hence riding the Ferrari in an efficient way :wink::wink::wink:

Once again thanks for your motivation :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

When was this ride sir? If there is any such plans in the future please call me. Or if u have any WhatsApp group add me to it.
My contact number is +919972622312
Thank you

OMG! how come you guys maintain KW below 30 I my doubt… I try my best always fall above 35KW and projected range show never crosses 70…:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Can i be added to the whatsapp group please? From Chennai… 9884177474 is my number…

Tips please…

Just go through the instructions mentioned in the forum :“Range of the Ather 450”

1 Like

I guess my 450 has turned into a 450X already😂

3 Likes

:joy: something different happened in mine

3 Likes