Maintenance and Service

Adjusted mirrors after replacement.

No proper solution from ather. Due to high torque of the vehicle and mirror design is not up to mark. Feel torque getting transmitted to mirrors and getting free and forced to adjust every time.

Let me share my 5k service,

1. Vehicle not washed properly
  2. Break oil not filled properly.
  3. Rough experience with dear shock absorber.
  4. Toggle switch is not smooth, not changed
  5. Accelarator is not smooth , not corrected

When I requested for vehicle accident repair, they added unnecessary parts in estimation,. Where the parts can be covered in vehicle warranty.

Really bad experience, even they submitted unreliastic list and price to insurance people and got approval, when final bill raised, ather added hope two more items and forced to pay 5k.

4 Likes

This is a known issue. When I drive at high speeds or over rough surfaces the mirror folds by itself!. I’ve been too lazy to send it for servicing.

Karnataka pollution control board made it unlawful for service centre’s to wash vehicles - this has been the rule for more than 2 years (or more, I can’t remember). Hyundai stopped washing my car after they service it.

If you had an accident why would parts damaged (incidental and consequential) be covered under warranty?

Maybe you could explain more about the accident and how it happened so we can understand your point of view.

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji I have taken delivery of my vehicle 20 days back. And after 10 days my bike black panels color got faded like grayish… Service guys took my vehicle and I got call from them saying these cannot be replaced as they saying because of water or chemicals used… I never used any chemicals to wash my bike… I am very pissed off and I don’t know who to approach on this… brand new vehicle is looking like 1 year old… please help me or do I need to approach on any legal team on this…

4 Likes

After number of discussions and mails, they rectified.

Ather replied they are replacing mirror, grab rail as they are having scratches. I am not understanding why they like to change lever kit.

This is hit and run issue, opposite motorcycle hit and foot rest of other vehicle damaged lower part of 450. Vehicle was in standstill. No fall.

Same day within 3hrs raised issue to ather and insurance team.

I clearly mentioned if it is manufacturing issue let them replace on FOC, if it is accident then Insurance claim, if my mistake then I will bare the repair charges.

Rather raised the estimation even without informing what parts they are going to change.

First i got fix up letter from insurance saying some ‘x’ amount. Father sent estimation for ‘y’ amount .

1 Like

Could you post some photos ?

1 Like

the issue came up 13 days before , a annoying noise from back wheel on ride ( it is like kee kee sound, how we get when a ceiling fan makes noise when there is no oil in rotation bearing )
i went to the service center , they cleaned the back wheel and brake shoe, due to dust this feedback they gave u will get very mild sound again once u ride the heat in brake shoe will clear the fault
Again from past two days i facing the same above issue , now the sound more loud while in ride
i went for water wash , still the sound remains
any solving issue for this ?
today ya tomorrow i will be visiting again the service center

2 Likes

Try using a brake spray. The customer care guy told me that it happens because of dust accumulation between the brake pads.

Ok will try , thank you

Enabling hazard lights on the vehicle would solve for this. Had posted this earlier in the OTA Wants group, but not sure if the team has taken this into consideration. With the growing number of people with motor failure or low power, this should help in alerting other motorists to keep a distance.

2 Likes

I used the dashboard spray of 4 wheeler & wiped with tissue paper , so much dirt in 1 day after wash too
Sound gone now & whole day too

2 Likes

when i subscribe to ather service plan do i get my bike serviced within a year atleast once or only when i have problem with my bike it will get serviced?

General planned services are covered in the service pack

Recommended service intervals are 5000 km. The servicing covers labor and consumables.

Once your vehicle is inspected, here are the consumables that will be replaced, as and when required.

• FR & RR wheel bearings
  • Steering bearings
  • Front fork seal
  • Swingarm bushes
  • Brake pads (two wheels per year)
  • Primary and secondary belts

Additionally, we will also do a top-up of brake fluid and front fork oil.

9 Likes

what if we dont cover 5k KM in the first year? still the vehicle get serviced?

5k is the recommended interval, if you get close to that, you can still request the periodic service to be done.

1 Like

Look at the vehicle delivery guy’s riding efficiency when delivering my vehicle at my doorstep after service, plus delivered with a rear punctured tyre (it was fixed later by them after calling them back). I never rode my Ather till now at such a high power consuming ride. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hahha even efficiency of Tata Nexon ev is 100 wh per km

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji , my 450 service not done properly.
It looks like the brake fluid reservoir on the left one is filled but the right one left as it is after the 5k service done last month. I’m surprised even after you listing so many check points.

This is bad number. It takes a lot of pain to get back our number (efficiency) once this kind of burning is done by service guys. That is why we need GUEST/SERVICE Mode.

6 Likes

@abhishek.balaji have scheduled service for my 450 regarding front panel rattling noise. Could you ask your service dept to sort out front suspension noise which is present from day 1 since i got my vehicle ? I have complained to ather service regarding this every time they pick my vehicle but still no resolution of this annoying issue they say this how front suspension in ather was designed and they can’t help it. But you say it otherwise.

3 Likes