Maintenance and Service

I recommend ather service team to add below point to their checklist and ensure to check before delivering vehicle to customer.

1. Replace the disc brake pad for both wheels.
  2. Press brake liver to action disc brake pad.
  3. Check wheel rotation. If rotation is harder and creates rotation issues by rubbing disc brake.
  4. Remove disc brake pad, grid the pad little and get adjusted to check which does not create rotation issues.

Reason why i am mentioning this, the current service team has mindset, Once disc brake is replaced every vehicle has rubbing issue with disc and come to conclusion, if vehicle runs and rubs disc sometime then both disc and pad will get adjusted.

They will not be knowing the effect until vehicle delivered to owner. The owner who rides vehicle will understand the real pain.

In my case, after i received vehicle from 5K service, i felt acceralation performance and pickup was lower and in app effeciency was increased from 30 to 55 and 5KM true range was reduced.
Whenever i touch disc i was able to feel the hotness and around 800km which my disc and pad took to get it adjusted.

Bit disappointed moment and scary to send vehicle for next 10K service.

I am planning to replace disc pad by own before i send vehicle to 10k service and request ather not to touch wheels or disc pad.

8 Likes

Replacing on our own is definitely not the solution, definitely feedback to the servicing team would be important to rectify the shortcomings.

Sure. If service team acknowledge my request then we can happily give vehicle for service.
The concern, 450 has minimal service effort like adjusting belt drive and re-fill brake fluid and replacing disc pad which was unsatisfied experience which i had. Hence came up with mind of doing service by own instead.

3 Likes

I am not a frequent user as my company provides me cab. As a result I keep my New Ather 450 charged in my apartment parking.

Will I loose battery charge even if the vehicle is not used for few days?

Yes…that is called vampire drain. After the latest update, I’ve observed that you’ll lose approximately 7% of charge per day (without using and without charging the scooter). If you Shut down, you’ll lose approximately 1% of charge per day.

Caution: do not shut down if the Charge levels are above 60%.

3 Likes

How is the dashboard and scooter working for you??

Woah this is kind of out of the blue, you replied to something I said weeks ago.

So far, things are good.
One of the panels near the ignition seems to be coming loose, however, it’s pretty minor.
I wish the dashboard was quicker and more responsive, but it gets the job done. Occasionally I get GPS navigation stuck in a position and it won’t update.
There is a rattling noise coming from the back when driving on bumpy roads.
Auto brightness does not seem to work consistently, it set brightness to like 80% at 7:30 pm, which is blindingly bright.

But overall, very comfortable and I’m satisfied with my purchase.

1 Like

I am facing a lot of issues on my scooter and i guess my scooter is the fastest to go for service and the only scooter in athers history to go for service like 4 times in 1.5 months.

How much km run…
What’s the problems…

My Flight today itself went for service 2nd time before completing 1 month and ODO is 900

Problems:

1. front wheel left side suspension attached cancel was rubbing with scooter body .
  2. more strong vibration and to much irritation noise .

1.6k odo reading and i had a problem of motor cut off

Today twice while driving , got the motor over heat error with reduced performance, after switching off twice, error went away, why this error occurs ? even when you have proper air cooling and the vehicle has just started !

As a Mechanical Engineer, i understand that any noise created for long time, will have an impact on the reliability of the product, i feel the motor makes more noise during the start and at the end of the driving cycle, if this occurs on continuous basis for long time, this will result in any motor component failure, what to do to reduce the motor noise !

1 Like

Even i had the same issue twice last month and have had vehicle towed twice. Ather service informed that the issue is with harness wiring. They will fix it at no extra cost.

1 Like

Are you saying about belt noise or the motor noise ?

Hope you’ve reported this to customer service to get it checked.

Some noise at the start and end of the drive cycle are normal for the 450 and won’t affect component reliability in the long run . EVs in general have much lower vibrations compared to ICE vehicles. If you’re curious, we’ve written about this as well:

3 Likes

yes its motor noise which is high during start and end

same is the case with belt noise is high as well

Hi, :pray: @Ather.Team
My 450 went to service for 2times & problems still there (ODO is 1000kms)

1st service reason
–> front suspension attached cable was rubbing with body and little vibration.

1st service result
–> cable again rubbing problem
–> scooter noise increased from 9km/h up to 40km/h with lot of vibrations even 75km/h speed also.(Because SOP has done)

So same issue again scooter went 2nd time service & result is
–> Cable problem cleared temporarily
–> abnormal noise still there starts from 9km/h
–> while driving am feeling motor belt having to much tight
–> Vibration frequently increasing again up to top speed

Before taking delivery discussed with Vikaram
–> cable problem will be permanently solved in few weeks because the re routing design is going on .
–> for noise and vibration we r doing as per SOP only & Maintained the motor belt as per SOP frequency only…

But, still am getting same issue …Why ?

I thought ,
The motor belt frequency set by service team.
That is used motor belt not to for new motor belt…
Because my ODO is less then 1000kms .(motor belt reset will be doing at 5000kms)

So, please check and compare
the SOP of used motor belt and new motor belt .(when we took scooter from showroom)

3 Likes

Here is my feedback on my first on-demand service at 557km on Odo due to some obvious issues with these scooter noticeable such as annoying vibrating belt noise at low speeds, high overnight discharge rate for my batteries, etc. Trust me it was not a smooth sail… :roll_eyes:

Pros

1. Booking slot for service was easy by calling CC.
  2. Pick-up guy on time for picking up my vehicle from home.
  3. Pick-up guy took all details of the complaints but missed few.
  4. Status of the service was sent on SMS at regular stage of service
  5. Before delivery, service in-charge personnel called me and informed all the work done.
  6. Delivery guy made the delivery of the at doorstep on time.

Cons

1. After booking the slot, no one bothered to call to inform me about the preparedness for the service hand over. I thought my scooter will be picked up in a van, I was wrong service pick-up guy came on Vogo bike and at that time my scooter was having just 10km charge left and service pick-up guy need to wait for almost 45min to take the vehicle. He left his Vogo scooter at my parking later to be picked up delivery guy.
  2. Water service was really bad, with all stains on vehicle was delivered. I had to wash once again and applied polish. :angry:

3. Vehicle was delivered with new scratches and dirt on the floor board. This I was not at all expected. See the images below

4. Not all complaints raised during service are addressed such as loose side stand, loose throttle, No scratch guard was provided as promised during sales.
  5. When I was taking delivery of my scooter at Ather Space, they promised they will provide screen guard for all scooter once the vehicle comes for the service. They didn’t. :frowning:
  6. Overall it was good service experience with few glitches.
  7. On top all the above, Its been more than 5 days since the service, I have provided all the above service feedback to customer care, Ather service email feedback and sent images through whatsapp to the service advisers, NO ONE FROM ATHER BOTHERED TO CALL BACK ON THE SERVICE FEEDBACK, which is pathetic and reduce our confidence in the service department.
7 Likes

For my scooter screen guard provided at service time.
After service there is no feedback calls it’s bad.

At low speed (9 to 25kmph) too noise and too vibration still there…
& Also
Feeling vibration in Top speed…

2 Likes

Today morning I gave my vehicle for service. By 4.30 I got my vehicle back. Best thing they collected from office and gave before leaving office. Very nice Chennai service team.

7 Likes

I’ve always done this. I find this to be one of the perks of owning a 450. Their service centre in Bangalore is closer to my office and I need to ride to office anyway, so I fix a time at say, 10am and they come and pick it up from my office. Owning a Honda Dio before this, I’d have to wait for the weekend before I give it for a service. And then there’s a long queue🤦🏻‍♂️

4 Likes