Mahindra XUV700 Touchscreen Could Display Ads To Passengers In Car

Curious about what people here think of this. (Not official research :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Paise ka chakkar Abhishek bhaiya, paise ka :joy::joy: Untill and unless it provides useful ads, its okay. But if it gives out Spotify ads, am out!

2 Likes

Sad to see indian Brand which shows ads like Chinese branded products

2 Likes

Are you unofficially trying to suss out if you can show ads on Athers and boost your revenue stream?

Even though all the ingredients are present, you’d end up crashing that dog of a tablet if you tried.

4 Likes

When you are buying anything for cheaper in today’s world, we have to remind ourselves that what we are buying may not be the only product. We become one ourselves. Most of the products we buy shares our personal data with other metrics to third parties. Think about this, you take your vehicle to Commercial Street, you are female and of age 25. If the vehicle shares this info with Google, Facebook, Amazon and the works. Guess what they are going to do? It would be better to ask any manufacturer on what data they are collecting and are they sharing it with someone. If they are, what are they sharing and with whom? I hope Ather doesn’t go this way but am pretty sure others will. Hope something like GDPR comes up in India as well. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

“Allow ads on your dash and get connect pro subscription free”…can imagine this already!!

Thanks but no thanks!

Anyway, for this model to work, 4G connectivity on the scooter should work na? just curious :grinning:

5 Likes

I don’t know how practical this will be. I don’t look at the dash while driving unless I am using navigation - and I’d be pissed if you block the nav screen with pop up ads.

Besides, the most viable option would be if the vehicle is stopped at a traffic light for more than say 5secs.

2 Likes

its a distraction however…better not to encourage this on a T/W dash or on main dash on any 4/W.

1 Like

I am ready to pay for YouTube premium and Gaana Plus. I would be more than okay to pay to avoid ads.

1 Like

actually the main reason I think they can’t show ads on the dash is because on a 2w it is the digital instrument console which displays important info but in the xuv700 they are referring to showing ads in the infotainment system and not the other instrument console screen so I think showing ads on a info display of a scooter is as of now not possible. but I may be wrong feel free to correct me

1 Like

this is a hotcake topic I love, ad revenue, I mean why not, but where and how?

I think the main topic is misrepresented here, maybe, does an ad in Mahindra means ads of their own vehicles or 3rd party. or this is just saying to put it in demo mode? like all TVs have

3 Likes

Adverts in the car would be a distraction and will lead to accidents, we already have world class roads and have above average accident fatalities. Its a very stupid decision to incorporate any kind of deviation in a car IMO.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Bangalore Traffic Police is waiting for someone to try something like this so they have one more thing to ban and make revenue out of :joy:

2 Likes

//The advertisements or pop-ups could be related to new / upcoming Mahindra products or a reminder to extend the vehicle’s warranty or Road Side Assistance (RSA). It is also possible that Mahindra could add some value added services (like their own music streaming, traffic updates, etc) in the XUV. These could be free or could cost less with ads enabled.//

If it is a broadcast like a TV Ad without customization, what’s the point in showing it on the Dashboard where the attention span is miniscule? Wouldn’t it make more sense to show this on the Adreno App?

If ads are customized based on the data collected from mobile app, I feel it is a bigger distraction as it is more targeted and would kindle the interest of the driver.

3 Likes