Lease period ending - what to do?

It’s around that time, I have 3 months to go on the lease period. Assuming I still want to have an electric scooter, I have two choices

• I give the scooter back and get back the deposit of 75K (I assume it is given in full as my scooter is in really good condition). I put this towards a 450X or a 450plus
  • I pay 10K extra and get the vehicle transferred to my name

My rationale for taking the vehicle on lease was that I thought that the vehicles will advance a lot in 3 years and this will be completely outdated. In addition, the battery will degrade so badly that I will find it impossible to resell. Both of these have not happened, I don’t see the EV market has changed significantly. Also, I’ve been extremely surprised that even after 3 years and 9000 km of use, the battery degradation has been minimal.

I’m tending towards the second option. From what I can gather, I need to pay an extra 75-95k to get the 450plus/450x and I don’t think it offers that kind of additional value. What are the other people that leased the scooter during the initial days doing?

2 Likes

Pay 10K and keep the vehicle. Economical option.

2 Likes

Return and buy Ola .

2 Likes

Ola has a scooter you can actually buy?

4 Likes

Economical is buy it off and ride it for another 3-4 years. Then we may have options to consider.

2 Likes