Increase availability of Public chargers in Night

Hi @abhishek.balaji and Ather team, many grid chargers are shut down by the location owners when they close the shop, even if the chargers are in publicly accessible space. Yesterday, chargers at “Metro Cash and Carry” and “Ather space Mahadevpura” were off at around 10:30 pm. Is it possible to keep them available 24x7 since the parking space is available for public access even at night. (Ola showroom next to Ather space in Mahadevpura keeps their charger open throughout the night). At least in Ather showrooms, it should be possible. While in Bengaluru many chargers are there, keeping them off after 10 pm defeats the point of these and someone in an emergency faces difficulty.

12 Likes

Ys that’s the reality we cannot trust the charging point stability

4 Likes

While it shows the status correctly in the app (off), the point was these chargers need not be shutdown along with the shop where these are installed as long as the location is accessible to the public.

3 Likes

Same is happening in Pune as well, even Ather Space Centres doesn’t allow to charge after 10 PM

7 Likes

We should atleast get a reason why it’s not available after 10 atleast

3 Likes

True… plz make it available 24/7. As it will help those who are working in day shift at least while going we can charge. During day time we won’t be able to wait at grid and charge. Most of time it will be bus. I know we can check in grid app availability of charger. It will show available by the time we reach grid it will be busy. One more thing I noticed at grid lack of space issue.

4 Likes

This is what happens to 3 of the Ather showrooms near my location. I don’t use them. Just sharing coz these are meant to help people in emergencies.

4 Likes

If Ather showrooms are closing their chargers at night what can we expect from third party charging providers.

7 Likes