Implications of Using Ather Grid as Primary Charging source

Hi Have 2 questions

1. What are the implications of using the Ather Grid as the Primary Charging source daily?

2. Is there documented battery degradation at a significantly higher rate vs the normal degradation when charging using a mix of Home & Grid charging by Ather ?

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

1. Your battery health will degrade faster if you charge regularly at Ather Grid. It is meant only to use as and when required and not regularly. Also if you charge 0-100% or whatever, it may cause problems to others who are in the need of charge.
1 Like

Official Ather communication seems to say Otherwise

2 Likes

I say from what I have seen/heard from the online meets and reading stuff on the forum. Rest, I am not sure why CS says so.

Which is why I’ve posted this question here… since it needs clarity…Has Ather observed a significant disadvantage of using Fast charging primarily or has it just been hearsay?

AFAIK, there has not been a battery replacement even in the 450’s. Many may not use Grid daily since everyone has a charger and do want to take care of the battery and since are using EV’s, have the knack of calculated rides and stuff.

Someone from the team should be in a better position to answer this but the availability of data has slim chances.

This isn’t specific to Ather, rather, this is normal behavior with lithium ion batteries. Every time you try to push more power into a battery, it degrades the cell.

Once in a while topping up your battery at a fast charger isn’t going to cause too much degradation, but frequently using the fast charger as your primary source of charging will reduce battery life significantly.

6 Likes