Downloading the OTA
As soon as an over-the-air (OTA) update is pushed from the Ather servers, it automatically gets downloaded onto your scooter, regardless of you riding or charging it. As long as your scooter is connected to the internet, the download will be received.
How to check if the OTA has been downloaded on your scooter?
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left of the home screen.
- Go to ‘General’, the current Software Version will be displayed here.
An orange dot appears on ‘General’ whenever an update has been downloaded and is available for installation.
Installing the OTA update
- Tap on ‘Software Version’ in the ‘General’ tab.
- You have two options to install the update — to install it right then or schedule it for later. The default scheduled time is 3 AM.
- Tap on ‘3 am’ to pick a convenient time for installation or tap on ‘Update Now’ button. In case, no time has been scheduled, the installation will happen by default at 3:00 am, if the charger is plugged in.
Ensure that your scooter is charged over 45% and turn the key OFF to initiate the installation.
The installation will automatically be initiated and completed at the scheduled time.
- Turn the key ON once the installation progress bar fills up completely on the installation screen.
Depending on the nature of the update, sometimes you might see a screen that says ‘Completing’.
Once the installation has been completed, tap anywhere to dismiss.
- Go to the home screen. Tap on the Menu icon and Tap on ‘General’. On the General screen, you’ll notice the updated software version.
If you get notified about an OTA update release but your scooter doesn’t receive it even until a week later, reach out to our Customer Support team.