How long does it take from Full payment to delivery?

Mine was stuck in “Invoicing” for the most part. Somewhere between 35-40 days in that. And rest about 10 days for the other stages.

They took orders without having vehicles in stock during my purchase and because of that it took more than double the time they promised. Not sure how it is right now.

4 Likes

Same process. Its in Invoicing from past 10days and have be told it will be 45 to 50 days from full payment. Really surprising they are not able to scale or Demand and supply is not matching.

3 Likes

Hi, In my case all similar issues which you faced like follow-ups and tracking occurred, and of course like your last post, when I paid the full amount except insurance they said it will take 45 days to 55 days but idk what happened next, the same day one person called at night for insurance update where i referred that "you guys only told the Invoicing will take 1 week time and after which only i can make insurance? " and to my surprise the Invoice got ready next day and I paid the insurance by myself and updated it in the portal and you wont believe I got my vehicle in just 5 days that too it is because of sat & sun in between where RTO doesn’t function, took Grey color only (and same story like white available immediate etc happened to me also). But this happened in Chennai last month. In my case the showroom guys are really helpful through out the process but there was always a mismatch in communication when it comes to “deadline for delivery”.

2 Likes

When was this?

3 Likes

Yeah while booking they promised a timeline of 15-20 days

3 Likes

Paid 12th Jan 2022, registered & delivery scheduled on19th Jan 22 (in between 14th to 18th was Govt.holiday) but I took it on 21st Jan.

1 Like

I spoke to them now and they are saying no stocks and hence they haven’t sent the payment link, etc. This is highly irresponsible. At least inform the customer about the delay. Now, they are telling me I need to wait 45-55 days after making the full payment. Why on earth would I park my money for nothing for almost 2 months. This is highly ridiculous. I am fine with paying a token amount of 2.5k and waiting for 2-3 months but not after paying full amount. Imagine if there are 1000s of customers paying 1.5L and waiting for 2 months for nothing. This is completely unacceptable. I am waiting patiently only because I like the brand and the narrative. @abhishek.balaji

4 Likes

Unfortunately, that seems to be the reality of Ather purchase experience. They should stop taking orders without having vehicles in stock!

And the customer care/agents suck at customer communication. For me, December 6th was supposed to be the delivery day, according to the timeline given when purchasing. Seeing the bike still in Invoicing stage till 5th, I called Ather in the evening and only then do they choose to tell me that they cannot deliver on 6th and the new date is December 13th instead! Of course they couldn’t deliver on December 13th either and moved the timeline twice after that. During all of this, Ather has never called me by themselves to communicate about the changes or to apologize for the missed timeline. It has always been me calling them and then they shifting the timeline with some excuse.

I had given feedback about this twice - oral and written, in December but nothing seems to have changed in the two months since then.

4 Likes

I am so utterly disappointed with this. I was waiting for last 6 weeks thinking the payment link might come any day and then once I make the payment, it would be delivered in 15-20 days. So, stupid of me for sure. I am thinking of cancelling my order because of this bad experience. At least informing your customer makes things a lot better. Very very bad experience. 45-50 days for registration and testing? What are they even testing? I am thinking if I booked Bugatti Veyron or something.

3 Likes

I thought you had already paid in full. Maybe I misread your previous comment. Is that not the case?

3 Likes

No, I have not paid in full. I have not even received the payment link. I pre-ordered on 2nd Jan. If I knew, I would have to wait, I would have probably made other arrangements. They clearly told me 3 weeks is max to receive the link and delivery in 15-20 days after making the payment.

1 Like

Okay, the Chip shortage is really hitting the market and leading to delays huh @abhishek.balaji care to comment?

2 Likes

Forget about paying the full amount, it’s been 21 days since i completed the payment, no news of any development. At least expect a update from their side even though there’s a delay

2 Likes

Anyone from Mumbai who has got the delivery recently?

2 Likes

Has anyone pan India got delivery recently, If so, when you completed the payment how long did it take? Want to understand the real issue and how long it will further take?

1 Like

Got mine 1.5 weeks back… Took 5 days from the day of full payment

3 Likes

That’s interesting, may I know from which city you purchased it? It’s been almost a month since i completed the payment, there’s no news of progress

2 Likes

Bangalore!

3 Likes

When was this?

4 Likes