How a software ‘glitch’ left me stranded 60kms from bengaluru

Hi so i went for a ride to Nandi hills on sunday with the plan to use one of the two grids available at the base of the hills and 2days before the ride i tried to recharge my wallet and the amount was deducted but the wallet was not updated so i raised a ticket to resolve the issue and after that glitch i was not able to make any new recharges as i was getting an error as below

Payment succesfful through gpay though

So i raised a ticket for the same with all the attached images and got the standard reply that they are working on it

So started my ride took my portable charger as well as i had the gut feeling that i wont be able to use the grid

After descending from Nandi ,i had only 15 km left. Which should take me easily to hang out at Nandi grid point but since the wallet was not recharged i reached out to customer care for help and again i got the standard reply that the issue is escalated and they should be able to resolve it with in 24 to 48 hours

So i asked them if they could atleast do something to atleast get my bike charged to the extent that i can reach my home but there were no provisions (ah how the so called process in place kills the entire customer experience!)

So now i had to find a place to get it charged using my portable charger after several enquiries got help from a welding shop owner which was right beside Sri bhoga Nandishwara Gudi temple

Such a sweet guy he was made sure that my bike was charged even though the 16amps plug was not supported made the jugaad to make it work and told me that he will take care and told mw to visit the temple as it was a famous one and it indeed was an excellent place to visit .

With the frequent power cuts in that area took around 4 hours to charge until 70% and during that time i took some rest under the tree insode the temple complex

So finally around 4.30pm i started the return journey with all the range anxiety and managed to reach home by 7

It was a mixed day involving a pleasant hike to Nandi ,with all the distress to get the scooter charged ,meeting some beautiful human beings ,a nap under the tree , trying to do the lord maximus test to reach home with 70%charge

The software support team need to up their game as such issues shouldnt stop the user from charging at grid which is your USP as you claim with your wide network of grids

And to add to the misery another thing i noticed is the ride insight for the entire ride was all wrong showing just 10+km for both the ways

Note the ticket is still open no updates yet and still not able to charge the vehicle through grid and not able to recharge the wallet

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

14 Likes

Hi any update on this ? @community-help

4 Likes

Hey Abhishek, we’re here to assist you. Please share your Case ID via DM for further assistance. If you haven’t already, please raise your complaint on the Ather app and share the same here. Let us know if you need more help.

2 Likes

Hi Rohit the ticket number is 100684628 and its open since 24th may

3 Likes

Hi there @manasChandran iam currently experiencing this problem. I was stranded near hoskote 4 days back and had to call for roadside assistance which took more than 2 hours to reach. May I please know for how many days did you face this issue and did the Ather team tell you why did that happen? I just updated my Ather app to the latest version but still the same with my wallet. Iam unable to recharge my wallet since 4 days and even amount was deducted from my bank account but not reflecting in my wallet. There is no refund still.@abhishek.balaji @tarun

1 Like

They almost took 5 days to rectify the issue ,create a ticket for this

This is really a frustrating situation @tarun @abhishek.balaji @smridhi.kalati please take some action , a software glitch shoudnt stop someone from charging the vehicle in such dire situations !

1 Like

Hey Rahul, we’re here to assist you. Please share your Case ID via DM for further assistance. If you haven’t already, please raise your complaint on the Ather app and share the same here. Let us know if you need more help.

2 Likes