Home Charging

Adding to what @raghav.srinivasan has written, if the wiring is more than 20mtrs, that will be charged additionally at approximately ₹130-₹140 per metre including GST

It is 100 rupees per metre including GST, I paid 2350 for additional 22.5 mts

My bad…I left a zero :smiley:
Corrected it

1 Like

Reading as below.

1. Neutral to Earth reading =18 volts For UPS ; For Bescom Line- 7 volts
  2. Line to Earth= 39 volts For UPS - ; For Bescom -239
  3. Line to Neutral = For 230 UPS - ; For Bescom - 239

UPS used is a line interactive UPS

Isn’t that the threshold value for the charging point to cut-off power? I had issues withe the charging point not working properly and I remember support telling me the Neutral-Earth voltage must be less than 12 or 15 volts (can’t remember clearly)

These readings are when BESCOM power socket (line and neutral ) is completely disconnected to to the UPS and the output of the UPS reads the following.

1. Neutral to Earth reading =18 volts
  2. Line to Earth= 39 volts
  3. Line to Neutral = 230 Volts

Neutral remains constant irrespective or grid or battery.

It acts more like an off grid setup without any power from GRID .

1 Like

When in off-grid mode your wiring seems to indicate earth leakage.

1 Like

Earthing from ather pod is directly connected to the earthing electrode in the Meter box. Line and neutral are connected from the UPS output.

Line Interactive or some other does not matter and should not be the one causing this issue.

Neutral to Earth reading of 18V is very high. 2V is norm and 5~7V could be the upper limit. In my house, I have around ~3.5V.

In case of Besom, you are seeing 7V. This needs to be fixed and should be brought down. How do we do that? At meter (or BESCOM feed), first check what is the voltage between Neutral to Earth. It should be 2V or less. If it is more, your earthing is improper.

Line to Earth 39V in case of UPS is incorrect. It means your UPS earth is not grounded properly. If you have Ohm meter (Resistance) can you check the resistance between UPS ground to Bescom ground? (please disconnect mains when you check this). Probably this is the reason why you are seeing 18V between Earth to Neutral.

2 Likes

During one of the first rains hit Bengaluru (beginning of May’19), one night Indicator lamp turned red and no charging was possible but around 6:15AM of next day, charging light turned green and could charge the scooter. This got resolved on its own after rain subsided after a week.

However, again after another rain recently, same thing reappeared. Charging was only possible after 6:15AM onwards.

From past two days, though the light turns green at 6:15AM charging is not happening.

Today after follow up, @AtherTeam has taken the scooter for diagnosis.

If you are getting high neutral to earth reading, despite your house having perfect wiring, then its the fault of Bescom.

This happens due to the fact that bescom feeder has unbalanced load between the three phases. If all the three phases have the same voltage then, the neutral will be zero but if the phases have different voltages then you will get a voltage reading in the neutral line.

Unfortunately there is no solution to this, houses and building should optimized their load sharing between phases and bescom should also optimize the connections to houses with single phase connection.

4 Likes

Good point. That’s the exact reason why Ather Home Charging Installation people check at meter first.

Go for box, made up of plywood :green_heart:
Chances of power shock :exploding_head: wil b less

1 Like

Got my charging point installation done just now

4 Likes

This may be out of topic discussion
If India needs to adopt EV faster than China.
Rather building the ecosystem from scratch. It would be best if govt , just like asking people to give up lpg subsidy. Can recommend people to convert their parking slot in their homes be made available for public to charge ,
If opted govt can subsidise the amount required for installing billing meter and charger , every billing meter will allow charging only if the user has Aadhar linked bank account and users account will be deducted after charging is done.
This way it allows the people earn and also make their charger available to public.

This also ensures that people don’t need to queue up in charging stations(petrol bunks) waiting for their turn to charge.

This would work even better in rural places. When anyone runs out if charge .
Additionally to meet the electricity demands. Govt can also make it mandatory to install solar panels for villages. For this govt can provide assistance to BPL and provide subsidised panels to above BPL.

2 Likes

Can I use MCB as switch? Switch ON whenever required remaining time keep off

1 Like

Yes ofcourse

Day before yesterday I had plugged the bike for charging and when I tried to start today morning; it reads same percentage of charge what it was showing day before.

We have CCTV installed and you can even preview.

We had put vehicle in shutdown mode and plugged the charger for charging. Will this be the reason??? But on day 1 we did the same and got charged 100% with shutdown mode.

Also, 3 trips was not shown in ride statistics from day before yesterday.

1 Like

Vehicle doesn’t charge in shutdown mode.
I don’t know how it charged the 1st day.

Also if u shut down the vehicle after a trip your data doesn’t get synced.

Regarding sync, I too observed it… Because I was loosing 4-5% if I dont shut down, I am shutting down in office as well as overnight (because anyway I ll not be using for 8+ hours)…

But, I was assuming it will later sync… But out of 6 trips in 3 days, only 2 got synced the next day…

Is this expected behaviour?