Yes :smile:
I had seen an ather couple of times recently, assuming it to be yours

1 Like

Hi All,

i m very happy :slight_smile: today 14 june 19 ,Ather team install home charger

i want appreciate MR.Lokesh he done awesome work he Asset of Ather i can say

Thank you so much Team:) now Count down beings for delivery

5 Likes

When I tried once again afternoon it was green… Perfectly working. May b some voltage :zap: problem in morning.
Afternoon ather technician called for home location I said it was fine working now no need to come…den too he was like I will come nd see once… He came nd checked nd said some times voltage get low dats the reason.
Thank u @Ather.Team

3 Likes

What are good tips to prolong the life of the battery? Looking to hear from existing owners especially people who were using some kind of EV before…

Below is what we usually hear regarding laptops or mobile phones…

1. Charge often without leaving it to below 10%?
  2. Charge slow
  3. Dont charge it to full… (I guess Ather already utilizing only 2.4 Kwh instead of the actual capacity of 2.7 Kwh. In that case, this might not be applicable)

Managed to do some jugaad and repurposed a MI Smart Plug so i can remotely switch on/off the charging point through the MI Home app. This is also compatible with Google Home and Alexa (little finicky!), so its kinda future ready if i were to ever scream across my house “OK Google, Turn off the Ather point”.

17 Likes

I’ve been requested by my Apartment association to have a lock for the Home charging point. They are concerned that being in a common area in basement it is prone to children playing/pulling the cord. Is there something Ather can do - I remember someone asking for it long back but not sure if it was done.

Talk to the local welding shop. They can build out a box for you that you can lock up when not in use. I wanted to do it to keep my dogs from chewing through the cable, but so far they are not interested in the point.

4 Likes

@rajeshkav here are the reading when on UPS power when running on Solar only with BESCOM power cutoff to the input of the UPS.

Earthing is directly connected to the home earthing point from the earthing connector on the ather charger .

When the BESCOM power is supplied to the UPS.
The phase and neutral wire is 240 and Phase to earth is 240 too , Neutral to the earth is 0 volts.
Not sure what is the issue though any suggestions

Here is how the setup is .

320 watts 24 volts panel is serial to make a 48volts string.
3 strings in parallel (total 6 panels)
1 KV UPS from APC.
Solar charge controller from Amberroot .
150ahx2 solar exide tubular batteries.

Can you clarify following points? (I cannot read clearly the multi meter reading)

1. Neutral to Earth reading? For UPS -? ;For Bescom Line- ?
  2. Line to Earth? For UPS - ? ; For Bescom -?
  3. Line to Neutral? For UPS -? ; For Bescom - ?

I live on the 8th floor of an apartment. How does the home charging work for people staying on high rises?

Where is your parking and electricity meter? It will be in basement right?

Yes. Not sure how far will be the meter to my parking distance. And hopefully the building management will allow to pull a wire to that point. To make things more complicated, its a rented apartment. I hope things will work out.
Is there an alternative if getting the sire from meter to parking will turn out a problem?

1 Like

Owner and Association…If you pass those 2 hurdles, then Ather will do the rest.
If you fail to pass any one hurdle, then the only option is an extension cable with Ather charging cable. in your case, 8th floor to basement is 9 floors; 4 meters per floor will be 35-40 metres approximately. Get an extension cable made for that length from any electric store, hang it from a duct from your home and charge the scooter. you can also switch on and switch off from your home whenever you want to start/stop charging the scooter. When you move out of the apartment, you can take it with you. Some E2O owners that I know have done this in the past.

4 Likes

Except for drilling on my parking pillar, nothing was changed in the entire basement…

Because there was lot of wiring which came for CCTV and other stuff, which Ather installation team has used to club with this wire with those wire bunch… But, the wires were enclosed in a piping which can be easily identified…

2 Likes

Hemant, VIshnu - Thank you for your replies. I will initiate conversation with Association and owner and hope for the best.
If not then will work out the other option of pulling the wire from home.

1 Like

For the home charging point installation, is there some charges involved or thats included in the vehicle price…as in nothing needs to be paid to the charger installation guys???

If association is ok with wiring but not ok with drilling, then Ather has an option to install floor mount stand which you have to pay 3k extra

Installation of the home charging unit on a wall is included in the total cost. However if you are unable to drill on a wall or pillar, then you can purchase the vertical stand that Ather uses for the Public Charging points at an additional cost.

Adding to what @raghav.srinivasan has written, if the wiring is more than 20mtrs, that will be charged additionally at approximately ₹130-₹140 per metre including GST