Home Charging

Hi Abhishek. I’m also buying the Ather, I just wanted to know if the home grid is smaller than public Ather grid.

It’s not smaller. same size.
Only thing is that home pod doesn’t come with a 5A/15A plug point that a public pod has.

1 Like

no!

for looks it is exactly same

home charging point

public charging point

but main difference is with charging speeds

home charging pod is AC charger with charging time of 2.5 to 3 hours for full charge

public charging pod is DC charger with charging time 1hr to 80%

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.

How much time it takes for 80% charge with home charger?

around 2 hrs 15 min (more or less 15 min)

last 15-20% will take longer time - so i don’t bother to charge to full instead will stop at 80-85% even on my long trips i charge only around 90%

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ownership Experience

@Shreyas in home charging for 0 to 100 % how much units its consumes as i am not able to track pls help me out

2.4 units to be exact

Actually little more than that

2 Likes

While bike is charging, does the green light keep blinking?

Yes, The green light keeps blinking… :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the confirmation

no problem… enjoy your ride… :slightly_smiling_face:

Yesterday I kept bike for charging, it showed full charge @3:45 am in the morning, when I saw @ 8 am, charge was still happening, is this fine or I should shut off the charger when fully charged? Will this harm the battery pack since charger was continuously on all night

No issues with leaving it plugged in. The BMS will take care of ensuring battery health.

Thanks for the info

ya I my case also same issue is happening. On the screen it’s showing as 100% but still the green light is blinking on my Ather grid. And in my phone it is showing as charging.

Now I have started to switch off the power supply once charge is above 90 % as my daily commute is approx 50km.

1 Like

Why all Home chargers are not fast chargers same as Ather grid?
Why can’t home chargers be DC like Ather grid?
are they costly?
Require any special equipment or power?

1 Like

Any thoughts on this Ather Owners?