High beam angle & warm LED Headlamps

Currently, the high beam of the 450x is set in such a way that the light beam shoots out above the road, and does not provide enough illumination towards the farther end of the road. What I suggest is that the Output of the Highbeam is increased by a bit more wrt the low beam than it is currently; And position the light throw a bit down onto the road. I guess this is not something that’s easily implementable in the current models. But for future models, I request the R&D peeps @ Ather to please give this a serious thought.

Secondly, I am one among many people out there who prefer the old warm color for vehicle headlights. So, if Ather could provide compatible warm LEDs as an OEM spare part @ the showrooms, it’d be great. Just for reference, white headlights are banned in France :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: It is very probable that I faced difficulties with the high beam & the white light, only because I ride around in a rural/semi-urban, slightly hilly environment. The inadequately illuminated roads that are filled with potholes, and a terrain that frequently goes up and down, is slightly difficult to ride through on the Ather, compared to other conventional scooters.

• Let customer choose between warm/white LEDs while purchasing scooter.
  • Have warm LEDs as an OEM spare part.
  • Not ok Boomer. Reject Tradition. Embrace Modernity.

0 voters

9 Likes

Even in low beam mode, many car drivers flicker their headlamps indicating that my headlamp hits their eyes. I wish we could lower the beam. Well, it could be due to my body weight (86kg) and with a pillion rider, it goes further up while high beam hits the top of a truck :grin:

4 Likes

Is the beam not hiting the road issue fixed. Somewhere it was written that mechanics at the service centre can do it

1 Like

Yes, it’s about the low beam hitting the eyes of the car driver coming from the opposite direction, and the high beam hitting a roof of a truck! Well, I stay about 105 km away at 1385m above sea level hill station from Ather service centre which is at 25m above sea level. In between, I had to request shopkeepers and refill centres for charging; many denied my request on the first delivery day riding home!! After charging at two places, I reached home at 4:26 am. So, I want to avoid going there at the service centre if there is any other option either motor/screw adjustment or through software. Else I will have to wait the Odo to reach 5000km

3 Likes

Allmost every night ride this happens to me also. I’m only 55kg and rides without pillion

2 Likes

Where do you stay? I mean the height of Mt. Everest is ‘only’ 8848m. You stay at over 11000m.

6 Likes

I stay at Shillong [1371m], whereas the dealer from which I purchased by scooty is at Guwahati (Assam)[25m]. I wish I could show you the exact figure :grin: Screen_20221118_172154

One thing for you to keep a note: Leh is above 11000m above sea level.

2 Likes

As @subhramanian.ravi pointed out, the throw can be fixed by the technicians at the service centre. I got mine fixed when I went for my 5k km service. It’s waaay better now. Still, I find it difficult to see the road well after a rain and the road gets darker. I believe a warmer light might work better during that case.

1 Like

Your message earlier said Shilling is at a height of 11000m. You edited, that’s good. But don’trespond after editing. Also if leh is at 11000m, it’shigher than Mt. Everest. Wonder where you’regetting your info :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You mean 11000 ft right? Not meter because that is the accurate reading. Sometimes you search in google and you put on the wrong symbol

1 Like

You didn’t get the point here. I edited the typographical mistake, not even the whole characters, you can get the logs from the Ather if you want buddy. I mentioned two cities and you can get their approximate sea level heights by any means you know of. I had also shown my approximate locational height from Gear S3 watch. Hope you are satisfied. My ponit here is driving down to the workshop/showroom is not a problem but driving up to my place of living is an issue. I took the delivery of the bike by going to showroom which is 100km away by road. I reached home at 4:25am after charging the scooty at two different locations. There is no grid charger in between you should understand first before writing. There is NO joke to what I wrote.

Hope you can see the screenshot I uploaded and understand the reading loud and clear.

1 Like

Ya. Absolutely. The screenshot was loud and clear. The typed or typo part was soft and blurry :smile:

If you are good with mechanics, you can remove the panel and reach the adjustment screw. There was someone who had a mini tutorial somewhere in a telegram group, which would be guide enough for your situation.

4 Likes