Grid sharing features

Also some Ather grids are not shown in Ather grid app as well as on dashboard map. This is also reason of queue at same location. for example i am from delhi where green park or Connaught place grids are rarely shown on app which cause rush at lajpat nagar Ather space centre. All two these locations grid are working fine but not showing in dashboard or app.

1 Like

Would be great if we could send a message to his Ather app.

We should be able to get user name from number plate. Then if he is on forum and wishes to get messages we can text him on the app.

1 Like

Yeah @abhishek.balaji i think this will be useful…

If the charge was full and still if the charger was unplugged, The next user who is trying to charge his vehicle can send a message to the charged user via APP

it can be like Selecting the Grid which was charged.,So Ather server will detect the Vehicle owner and send them a SMS or IVR call

or

it can be like inputting the vehicle number in the app, so that it will be easy for Ather team to send the sms or IVR call easily

i think it be useful

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hello guys,

I strongly feel Ather should allow people to remove the charger once the vehicle is charged at 80% at public charging grids.

I never use public charging quite often, but when I needed it in emergency situations. I was not able to use it because some cringe users want to use it until their vehicle is charged at 100% which sucks.

I recently went to the grid while having 0% charge left and the other guy was already at 97% and guess what he wouldn’t allow me to charge the vehicle.

This is high time that Ather needs to work on few aspects to have this fixed.

1. Do not make it a voluntary thing. It needs to be a forceful implementation. At 80% it should be removable.

2. At night times, regardless of the battery charge percentage the charging gun should be removable.

3. Along with these features, an option which would allow Ather users to nudge the person who is charging the vehicle. (A feature that notifies the person who is currently charging his/her bike, Hey someone needs to charge their vehicle)

4. Start charging people, yet, put these restrictions.

Why is Ather so adamant to not do this? Why should people who care about others suffer?

@tarun @swapnil.iitm @abhishek.balaji please fix this.

Faced at similar situation yesterday. I’ve been relying highly on grid points. It becomes difficult to plan trips especially when returning home. I believe to what percentage a person charges should be left up to the individual. If Ather can provide information about estimated time in which the point would be available on the app & dashboard would help plan our travels better. Or at least the battery percentage of whoever is charging.

1 Like

One more headache non EVs parking on grid side which leaves u no way of charging ur Ather

1 Like

It is even worse when only 1 of the 2 charging points are operational, like for example Ather Experience Centre in Porvorim, Goa. It is like you are at the mercy of the bike left to charge and the owner is not traceable.

3 Likes

a ‘Request Charger’ button on the charging scooter screen, when pressed, would send a notification on the owner’s phone informing them about it.

even better, the owner can remotely unlock it after the notification!

7 Likes

Nudging this. @abhishek.balaji @tarun @swapnil.iitm

1 Like

Need of the hour! @harishgv78 Rider need not to be waiting at the charging station to unplug the charger when it reaches 80%. So, when the battery charge reaches 80%, the scooter should automatically release the lock, and the make charing point available for the next person in the queue.

1 Like

ahh, welcome to 2023, The post to which you are replying is almost 4 years old. Suggesting you go through the forum for more reference. This feature has been already implemented and Charger unlocks at 80%.

Requesting MODS to close this topic as this feature is already implemented.

3 Likes