Free Ather grid charging

100% agreed. They should work on getting them fixed soon possible, and we do get updates from the Service Team from Mumbai for any technical issues with the Grids and if they would be under maintenance.

As I said earlier, the issue in most cases are network related, and fewer actually of not working scenarios. Hopefully, the network issue gets resolved and then the Grids status can get more reliable.

1 Like

This is great. There should be a way of Communication between the owners and service/EC team. How do you guys communicate? Is there a common WhatsApp group other than that of the owners too?

1 Like

Interesting.!

For us it is way different. Grid s show up in grey and we don’t have a clue weather it is in use or working, we don’t know if we can take that chance. Also some times the grid that shows green is some times actually switched off that might be due to power cut also but it shows green.

Hoping This too might pass

We have a Mumbai Athers Owners group on Whatsapp, of which the dealership manager and service team is part of, along with owners of the scooters in the city. It helps in sharing Grid status at times, when owners visit the grids, or the Service team is aware of a malfunction/maintenance issue at a Grid. Mumbai group has been very helpful in these scenarios, and builds the community well.

Totally understandable as such unforeseen situations puts one in a quandary. I too hope, there comes a resolution.

2 Likes

Hi All

Posting after a long(I meant not a reply😀)

I was all frustrated with this whole public charger misuse situation. Since it is free many are using it to charge till 100% and as a primary charging option. Also many were not even coming after 100%.

So I thought of doing or I may say take a step and initiate some thing. I have made a NFC+ QR tag and attached it to my vehicle.

So that if some one is in need they can contact me but not directly a safety measure and to authenticate too. The tag takes you to a google form where the requester can fill few details and submit so that I can reach out to them. Just sharing a glimpse of it any thoughts would be appreciated.

Wish the Ather Labs feature to remotely control charging and unlock the charger comes soon so that it will be more useful along with this Google Form.

PS: video is little blur due to cropping to avoid sensitive info please bare with it.

8 Likes

I had kept my vehicle for charging suddenly one guy came for charging but I told him I just plugged in, but with out any hesitation he took my charger and connected to his vehicle and he was very vulgar in language too, I just left and got it charged by dot charger only, be aware of this idiotic guy.

1 Like

Which location was this at?

2 Likes

You should have locked and taken the key so that he cannot remove the plug

2 Likes

Why you don’t stopped him doing so and talk to him if I was present there I have literally talk to him in what manner I can say people will understand :sweat_smile: you should be bold enough to handle these types of situation why you leave from there ??

2 Likes

As I understood the guy using foul language and forcefully used the charger even he is there. No meaning in arguing with brainless manners less fellows.

3 Likes

If you understand kuch toh log kahenge logo ka kaam hai kehna :grinning:

1 Like

One sunny day ride ( Actually 2 )

There is no related topic to post this so posting it here only

I had so many many works to do inside the city in which i also wanted to test some of Ather’s feature.

The first one and the main one was to see that is the grid status shown in app is true or not. First i had to visit the Radisson Bengaluru city center which was showing as under maintenance

But when i went there it was charging the scooter

Second was the smarttron automations which was also showing under maintenance and Yes it was under maintainance

So i don’t think the grid status shown in the app works 100% but knowing something about the grid is better than knowing nothing. I think even when the power goes off at the grid it shows unavailable.

The grids are still messed up with 2-3 scooter’s for charging. The free charging should come to an end because now with Gen 3 if someone leaves their scooter for charging and don’t show up, the scooter takes more time to reach 105km.

Now to say about the scooter’s navigation, i used it almost every time like 10 times in 1 hour, it was working really well but after 2-3 hours of usage the location sharing from the app stopped working and the navigation still had issues like the point was moving little late. Example:- I would have reached the turn but the point takes 10-15 seconds to reach there. This could be a big problem in traffic. I tried restart but didn’t work.

By evening after vigorous usage of maps and app, the app didn’t open only. It was loading loading and didn’t connect to the scooter. Since i was riding from morning i was stressed too much and at the same time this app stopped working but somehow managed to search the adresses in the dashboard and reached the destination after multiple attempts.

Visited the Ultraviolet Automotive ( R & D center ) and there was Ather standing in front of it :man_shrugging:

Also saw a yellow board in green board for the first time

With multiple stops and charging so many times completed 166km

The ride statistics had only 20 ride stats but i had done more rides which were missed in ride stats because the ride stats only shows upto 20 ride stats.

One more day

Visited the newly Ather space at Electronic city and see at what next to it’s built ( Competition level)

I actually checked the Gen 3 side stand which had a louder sound whereas my Gen 2 didn’t make that much sound.

Also the Gen 3 had a smoother belt where The Gen 2 has some strips on it.

There were also no strips near the motor in Gen 3.

I think every grid should have this note

Visted the CA park!!, i don’t remember exactly but i think @Suraj_madhu mentioned this place where there is a steep uphill where his scooter didn’t climb in sports mode so wanted to test mine and literally i didn’t see that steep uphill anywhere else, IT WAS CRAZY!!

I did some tests there

6 Likes

I recently got my gen 3 so trying to be part of Ather community from Mumbai and Navi Mumbai

Can some one pls share the WhatsApp group invites and social ids if possible ??

Thanks in advance

Newbie Atherite