Free Ather grid charging

Will the ather grid continue to be free for Ather owners after 31st Aug’20?

It is already Free charging till 30th September as announced earlier by Ather about quarterly packs

4 Likes

Hey, i have picked up the one connect plan basic since vehicle was not in use. can i still use the public chargers till 30 sep. confirming as i didnt want any surprises

2 Likes

Yes you can, it’s free till 30th September. I’ve used it yesterday and I’m also on the ather connect plan.

1 Like

Team, Will the ather public charging be chargeable from 1st October? Or the free charging facility will be extended.

1 Like

Its free till 31st dec they have extended it.

1 Like

Hi @abhishek.balaji any updates on charges applied at grid points just that we don’t want to be surprised all of a sudden. Hope there is some development in this matter and waiting for an update on that in near future ahead of the announced timeline.

KA51HQ0157

I don’t know whose vehicle is this. But my only message to this person is that please be responsible. Free charging doesn’t mean that you can abuse the facility provided like anything. Sorry to use such words but that is the truth.

Today My vehicle has a range of 4 km and went to BEANIMAL Hostel charging station located in Koramangala. By the time I reached this place the vehicle is already charged to 100%, I don’t know for how long it is there in that condition. After reaching I waited for 50mins but no sign of this person. Then I left a message on his vehicle at 7:42 PM and went for a walk. Ordered food, ate it and again reached back at 9:04 PM but still this vehicle is in the same condition.

1. Your app will give a notification that it is 100% charged.
  2. I just don’t blame this person alone, since our beloved Ather’s software is said to have a facility to remove the charger once it has been charged up to 100%. While this feature works for some chargers only it is not working in most of the cases.

We all are well grown-up to have some sort of responsibility and sense. I am so frustrated today because this sort of experiences are becoming so frequent. This is almost 4th time I am posting a vehicles number here in the forum on the same issue.

Pic taken at 7:42 PM

Pic taken at 9:04 PM

5 Likes

When charging is complete the maglock should automatically be disconnected. So that other user can remove the Charger and connect his Ather there.

Else there should be a button to ping the owner of the scooter (but this may work only in case he is having subscription I guess)

1 Like

The only solution for this kind of issue I think would be make fast charging chargeable. Say every 10 mins some fixed amount and if Scooter is charged 100%, there should be fixed + penalty charge after this.

4 Likes

Yes for now since charging is free a charge after 100% or 80% would be good. When charging is made paid basis then charge per minutes and addditional charge after 100% would be nice.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear ur experience bro, so what did u do in the end? where u able to use the grid point? did the owner comeback or he just taught that it is his own grid point and left it there?

Also his scooters display shows 50kms on full charge which means he’s been riding in warp mode and sir didn’t even find time to change the mode before plugging in the charger must’ve been in so much hurry!

Situations like these hamper riding/owning experiences Ather, see that such instances are rectified asap by giving an option to unplug the charger when fully charged.

And this definitely puts the question to Start Charging for using Ather Grids so that owners get some responsibility while using it @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Obviously didn’t show up. I asked my brother to come with portable charger and cahrged at my friends house for some time. And left to home. (Luckily my friend is staying close).

5 Likes

Lucky that u had ur friends house nearby, what if we had nobody nearby and stuck in this situation?

Am taking my ride to Mumbai next week with just 11 Grid points and no nearby friends only god knows how I will be able to cope up with these situations.

Have to resort to requesting nearby shops/homes for a plugpoint to charge my scooter and hope it doesn’t go down to begging.

3 Likes

Ather fast charging points are not working properly some time’s ather app showing green signal but there vehicle in charge. There any issues, we call and inform also no response from their side. If we call in emergency for help, they are saying like comeing but not comeing actually. Very bad service and experience i hate this

Changing modes before charging isn’t gonna change anything, so need to do that.

Just curious, how many times have you used Grids in Mumbai until now?

Most of the chargers showing Grey, is apparently a network issue and the Grids are actually available. Ather is working with the network provider to get this fixed.

1 Like

Exactly, it shows grey in app but the status was open and no points available. When I came to grid, it was working and no one was using… I guess it might be because of charging cable misplacement while placing after charging

3 Likes

I can’t decide on weather to agree or disagree with this statement, since the network is working for my vehicle at the grid station then it has to work with the charger node also. (again I understand that the devices are different there can be a chance that the hardware is not grabbing the network correctly)

There is a chance that they are not receiving proper feedback from charger as @jsabarishvj said.

2 Likes

@TheHairMonster was specifically referring to Mumbai grids since quite a few of them are inside parking structures and have no mobile signal most of the time.

But as part of a larger upgrade, I understand that Ather is working on a newer model of the grid charger and will be rolling them out in all locations. Hopefully this addresses some of the inconsistencies that users are facing.

7 Likes

I meant that he was In so much hurry that he did not even care to check his scooter once before plugging in the charger.

Anyways it was my opinion bro, apparently I forgot for sometime that we all are not the same.

But shouldn’t it be rectified by them asap! Wouldn’t this misconvey users about their Grids and I’ve used Grid points in Chennai but not in Mumbai as I am yet to leave with my ride in a couple of days, so was just checking Mumbai status as I stay there.