Features Missing after AtherStack 5 update and other Observations

Hello Everyone

I attended the “Ather Community Day” today and I am very excited about the new changes.

I updated to Atherstack 5.0 as soon as I reached home.

Looks refreshing, however post the update I could not see Wh/KM details on the scooter dashboard and also there is no longer Trip A and Trip B options available on the Scooter dashboard.

I got to test the new Google MAP and found the live traffic status option to be working, however the blue line which shows the route covers up the road that we are supposed to travel and the traffic details on the route is not clearly visible.

Also, when you start the riding the scooter the screen changes to the ‘Wings of Power’ display screen, from the original screen which is divided into three. But once you stop riding and come to a standstill the screen does not change back to original split screen.

I will be testing the new UI more over the coming days and update my observations.

If others have some observations, feel free to comment and share.

Regards, Roy

26 Likes

i really hope they don’t get rid of Trip A/B and efficiency numbers. those are important.

plus i was hoping that we could see some efficiency numbers while we’re riding. that would help improve riding habits a lot more.

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on why auto hold is only coming to 450x but not gen3 450 plus

6 Likes

Maybe because, auto hold it is part of the performance enhancement pack, which is not available in 450 plus. This is just my guess and assumption.

11 Likes

It does looks they have removed it. I have checked through all most all the options in the dashboard and could not find them. I am assuming it will be only available in the Ather app, I have to sit and check the Ather app once.

4 Likes

Auto hold is not supported by the motor controller hardware on 450 gen2 and below.

9 Likes

Yes, u r right Ather team should fix it in the next update. few more which i feel needs to be included.

1. Earlier UI had a wording when motor is on or off, in 5.0 UI its no where and need to recognize basis the line color.
  2. Smart ECO bar(Blue to Red) has been disabled in 5.0 UI, wherein this will not help riders to judge when to switch modes.
  3. Incognito mode should be at setting granularity level, wherein a single swipe down from menu bar can access to that, wherein few cases when the vehicle given to colleagues or families they has an easy access and turn on that feature. wer we will be not able track the vehicle.
14 Likes

Tarun mentioned it as some motor probs or something not sure with it though…

5 Likes

hill hold requires certain motor specifications that are only available on the 450X not the plus

8 Likes

not true, 450+ and 450x have the exact same hardware. the sticker is only put on at the EC during delivery! the features and battery back is only limited by software.

8 Likes

did someone with a 450+ receive the Atherstack 5 update yet?

hill hold is not a ‘performance pack’ feature. i hope they push that feature to us as well. it would be a lot of potential and hardware wasted if we dont get it :frowning:

4 Likes

i dont think he talked about that in the announcement event. i watched the entire livestream. have my fingers (and toes) crossed :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Nope it is clearly mentioned that the motor controller hardware is the reason they can’t get hillhold for gen 2

9 Likes

we’re talking about the 450+ gen3 bud

5 Likes

During the event I managed to understand the new UI and as per your observation about trip A/B info, actually in the UI we can select what can be displayed on screen during ride by simple tap or swipe.

As per the UI team they said that they gave this feature since some are trip guys some are not efficiency and some are current ride stats guys. So we can choose. May be you didn’t check on that plz try and check.

I am still awaiting the OTA so couldn’t comment more other than the info I managed to gather.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Didn’t note that bro…Sorry for the info

7 Likes

I have Gen 3 Ather, did they release this new update of Ather stack 5 fo all ?

2 Likes
8 Likes

Yes for Gen 3 & 2

4 Likes