Feature Request: Parental/Guest Mode – PIN Lock for Performance Modes

Subject: Feature Request: Parental/Guest Mode – PIN Lock for Performance Modes

Dear Ather Product Team,

I am a regular user of the Ather 450X, and I truly appreciate the performance and innovation the scooter offers. I’m writing to suggest a feature that I believe would add significant value for users who share their vehicle with family members.

Feature Request: Mode Lock / Junior Mode

I would like to propose a “Mode Lock” or “Junior Mode” feature that allows owners to restrict access to high-performance ride modes such as Sport and Warp. This restriction could be controlled via the Ather App and require authentication (PIN or biometric) to unlock.

Use Case / Context

I often share my scooter with my younger brother. While I prefer using Warp mode as an experienced rider, I would like to limit the scooter to Eco or SmartEco modes when he is riding, for both safety and peace of mind.

Currently, there is no mechanism to prevent riders from switching to higher-performance modes once the scooter is powered on.

Suggested Functionality

  • App-Based Control: A toggle in the Ather App to enable/disable performance restriction

  • PIN Protection: A 4-digit PIN on the dashboard to unlock restricted modes

  • Enhanced Safety: Acts as a digital speed governor, making the scooter more family-friendly

This feature would align perfectly with Ather’s focus on innovation, OTA updates, and rider-centric design. It would also enhance safety and usability for shared or family vehicles.

I hope you will consider this for a future AtherStack update.

Thank you for your continued efforts in building a great product.

Best regards,

Vivek Mandal

8 Likes

I have the same suggestion..:flexed_biceps:

1 Like