FAME Subsidy

You do understand the price drop is due to additional GOVT subsidy and not Ather, right?

It’s not like they got extra reimbursement from the govt for vehicles sold earlier than 11th June.

11 Likes

This is already announced right?

I got my 450 in March 2019, soon after that, the Government reduced the GST and the next vehicles were 9k cheaper. I can’t ask Ather to refund that difference can I? If at all, we should ask the Government!

5 Likes

Hi,didn’t understand this logic. i cant see the price breakup related to govt in the invoice when we bought the vehicle. did any of you get that in the invoice?

Check the linked post right above yours. Hemanth has provided information on ex factory vs ex showroom. The invoice you get will only reflect the ex-showroom price.

I got it they are having 1.5lac of ex-showroom price, having around 12k for logistics,dealer margin… and gst added separately so it sums upto to be 1.71lac

1 Like

I’m happy as long as they take the vehicle seriously and not start skimping on service or something because they’re probably going to sell more units because of the price drop.

I totally agree, considering we get the FAME subsidy only once because it’s linked to our aadhaar cards (correct me if I’m wrong). Is there anything we can actually do about it? Like write to the govt. requesting we get benefits of the subsidy? The govt. will probably never go for it, but doesn’t hurt to try.

Imagine the Karnataka govt announces 20k subsidy for two wheelers and the early adopter faces a loss of 34.5k,it will be a heart break moment for him,just like for the ones who bought 450x in Ahmedabad before lockdown (34.5k of diff)

Same! I have faced it already!!! It is still in early stages, but, yes, I missed that 20K benifit… Not an issue, though. I love riding my Ather and there’s no way I’d have known about the subsidies when I bought the 450X

2 Likes

20k + 14.5k =34.5k lost benefits But for all the buyers who lost on the subsidy should be still be happy as you guys bought it over an ice and just see how much of saving you are doing on that terms

2 Likes

In today’s Deccan Herald (24/06/2021)

Definitely sir, I too feel like I’ve lost out on 14.5k. My parents keep saying “you could have waited 3 more months and saved so much money”.

1 Like

That’s the reason I am scared to buy now,as I may miss out on the state subsidy if there is any in the recent future

If we buy iPhone12 during launch, it may be 1 lac, after 3 months, it may come down to 90k, after 6 months, it may come down to 80k, then iPhone 13 comes in next 3 months with better features. And, govt changes the custom duty in between. Let us not even include the models from competition, 5G etc…

Whenever we buy, after some time, we will feel that we could have waited for some more time (either because of better features or reduced cost)…

Unless we know some credible information that price-cut is on the cards in near future, we can’t wait. Based on the need, we can buy with whatever the price available.

8 Likes

@rayelipratheek24 that applies to gold and also real estate. Some people think it will go down tomorrow and they will never buy. some ppl buy and think oh, I should have bought a year ago… Try to be in the moment. Enjoy. Forget how much you might have saved or etc… Luck is also a factor boss.

2 Likes

Dear Ather,

I took delivery of my 450X in May '21. But govt has given further more subsidy during June.

I spoke to customer care and they asuured that people who took delivey of Ather in May, will get Complementary One year subscription.

Kindly expedite and post this here with details

If the Customer Care team has assured you that you will get the benefits, it will reflect in your account soon. You can track that using your account by logging in at Ather. The details wont be available here as this is is a public forum.

Hey, this won’t be applicable in your case, since your delivery was completed well before the FAME announcement came in. Will check with the team on the miscommunication that’s happened here. You can see this post for more details on this:

The complimentary Ather Connect Pro would be applicable only to those for them the registration process was initiated before 11 June, and delivery not completed by that date.

2 Likes

I have a question, Within how many days should a dealer apply for FAME II after the invoicing.

Is there any condition that the FAME II subsidy must be raised within 30 days once the invoice is generated?

As far as I know the game subsidy gets credited as the registration is done. Not based on invoice date.

1 Like

Sir I bought this 450x 3.1 socoty on 7th April 2023 but my subsidy has not come till now. But I was told that the subsidy will be credited to your account for 6 months. You are not even doing any updates.

The Fame 2 subsidy is included in the OTR price that you paid during your purchase (Actual price is above ₹2 lacs). If it is state subsidy you are referring to, kindly check with local govt website

1 Like