FAAQs Ep 12 | Everything to know about Ather Duo

We picked out the most asked questions on the Ather Duo from the Ather Forum and got our expert Kritanjay to answer them for you all.

Watch to know what our expert had to say to your questions!

If you have any more questions for our experts to answer, let us know in the comments below! :zap:

6 Likes

Is it like Portable Charger - that Charges any Ather Scooter or

Like DOT, Needs Pairing via Customer Care and Pairs Upto 4 Scooters :thinking:

1 Like

Its normal portable charger

2 Likes

Does this mean Ather Z (3.7) comes with OOB Ather Duo charger only.

I am not sure how comfortable i would be to take it along with me. This works well for someone who is planning to have their own charging infra in their parking space but someone who will be using public charging spaces only (Apartments or in office) It is a hassle to use this big device. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

@Community-experts @community-help @smridhi.kalati

2 Likes

What do you mean, You don’t want Duo? Then Portable Charger also will be in Same Size (700W)

If You want 350W Then You may ask for it and Compensate the Difference amount in Some Others.

1 Like

If it is bulky then i don’t want it. I would prefer to have a smaller charger. Also, my understanding is that the slower (less wattage) a battery charges better the life of the battery is. I don’t think the option of compensating for the difference amount exists. Do you know anyone who can help with this?

2 Likes

Smaller charger means longer charge time. DUO Will offer 700w charging compared to 350 standard charger. Trust me this will be super beneficial in future.

PS even if you use fast chargers all the time for the next 3 years/30000km (standard warranty) your battery pack is still covered no matter what.

2 Likes

For Better Understanding You word with Your Local Experience Center Bro. If You are from Coimbatore, Salem, Erode, Tirupur, Hosur, Madurai, Palghat, Thrissur, Kochi or Aluva and Hyderabad I can Help you with Contacts

1 Like

Interesting. This is first time I am seeing someone not wanting 700w charging and wanting slower 350w charger. I don’t think in size it’s very much bigger than portable charger. And if you really want 350w charger , get 700w charger and get it exchanged from other users here.

4 Likes

Totally depends on your use case. Since I primarily drive an SUV, I’m considering purchasing a Rizta for short, regular trips and to accommodate the transportation needs of my parents. My monthly travel won’t exceed about 250 kilometers.

The 8-10 hours charging time suits me fine; I can easily plug it in overnight in my basement or at my workplace. This setup should give me around 100-120 kilometers per charge, lasting me approximately 15 days.

I’m looking for longevity in this vehicle, aiming to use it for the next ten years without having to replace the battery. I am sure most of the EV lasts easily for 3-5 years of battery life.

3 Likes

Namma Bengaluru!!

2 Likes

Do you have any picture reference for the normal charger? This will surely help me to decide one of the 2 (Rizta Z) models fits my use case.

2 Likes

Woah Man :sweat_smile: Try Visiting Idira Nagar EC :zap:

1 Like

Bro, you should not go for the 350W charger it is slow and the weight difference is not much between the two. You can always carry the 750W one in your boot with you. Both portable chargers are safe to use and the higher one will not affect your battery life, it is the fast charging from the Grid that Ather advises to use less or in emergencies.

2 Likes

Yeah 350W Chargers look less than Laptop Chargers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Phones these days coming with 240W Chargers :zap:

1 Like

Don’t forget to account for idle drain when calculating how long a charge will last you. Not sure about the Rizta, but for my 450S it is around 2-3% every night. If similar, it could mean you lose around 40%(!) over those 15 days.

4 Likes

Great Point. I didn’t think about it.

2 Likes

If that’s the case. Then you have nothing to worry. If you buy the 450x LR version, or the 450s version. Keep in mind that even Rista S and Z LR versions also ship with a 350w charger. But it’s still a bulky charger.

3 Likes

Can we exchange the normal portable chargers with Ather Duo ?

2 Likes

There is no option to exchange.

1 Like