Exchange Ather 450X Gen 3 with Gen 4

Just want to know if we can exchange Gen3 with Gen4 with reasonable exchange price. IF yes please mention the deatils

12 Likes

You cannot exchange it’s impossible.

7 Likes

Yes i want to exchange

5 Likes

I am just asking and Ather people should consider this as underneath both models are same and they can reuse and we can get new design and all the revamped features

4 Likes

You would be taking huge deprecation hit since your vehicle will be considered as used vehicle. Ather will just Pay You 50% of what you paid for.

4 Likes

What did I miss ?

I did not have the patience to follow the very contrived clowning from some stand up at the launch live, motorinc had a very nice sane sober insightful and INFORMATIVE video without the very forced comedy (which is the way Ather should have had really done it but maybe that’s only me) but i don’t recollect any hardware changes being mentioned on either source. What are the changes that make it necessary to consider an upgrade or an exchange.

7 Likes

We actually paid 2L if we exclude FAME II Subsidy, as subsidy is given to people for buying a EV. And as per rule we will get only 1 susbidy/people. Ather should consider depreciation consedering 2L as on road price which is including pro pack

7 Likes

I’m a bit confused on the various generations. Gen 1 was the 340 and 450. Gen 2 was the 450 Plus and 450X.

Now we have 450S, 450X with 2.9 KW Battery and 450X with 3.7 Kw battery.

Now what is the difference between Gen 2 & Gen 3 and Gen 3 & Gen 4.

2 Likes

Difference is to attract new customers(higher gen) by betraying loyal customers (lower gen). Promising to old customers and giving features only to new customers.

2 Likes

Technically, other than an in-house motor controller(which enabled AutoHold), a larger battery, mirrors Yaa nothing else between gen 2 and gen 3; 3.1 had the seat and colors while the recent has coasting regen and the joystick rest pretty much has remained as is. oh Just a tit bit of what little I knew from 340 was that it came with an onboard charger. Forgot to add the side step came in gen 3 all the general accessories mirror, seats were made backwards compatible other then too I guess the gen 1’s.

1 Like

Other than iterative changes how radically do you expect a product in this category to grow. I wonder how were the activa generations devoid of FOMO at these magnitudes.

So basically Gen 4 and not yet launched. The change from Gen 2 to Gen 3 involved several changes over a period of time.

It is coming in October right?

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. What I understand was there was a clear distinction between Gen 1 & Gen 2 and Gen 2 & Gen 3. Then Gen 3 had several small updates with some people considering these updates as Gen 4.

1 Like

From the website it mentions current scooter as gen 3

So normal to assume new version will be gen 4.

Nah man the current version is not gen 3. Gen 3 was released in July’22 and includes the minor rev gen 3.1. The current launched a month back are " Ather 450x - The all new series ". Mimicking Apple I guess.

1 Like

For a frame of reference

I don’t think it is feasible, think of ICE counterparts they never allow these things like exchange, but I think the software features rather might provide over OTA

Why?why it is not possible

1 Like

I want to replace 10450kms

1 Like