EV Policy, Roadtax and Registration fees

I have pre ordered 450 in chennai,and the payment window hasn’t opened yet,so will there be a price reduction due to ev policy?, since there is no update on the website

Government regulations are out of control of Ather isn’t it? The website will display whatever is the current price of vehicle according to the subsidies in the current applicable regulations. You’ll have to pay whatever is the applicable price at the time of your full payment.

1 Like

How much probability would be there to expect in the price of the ather 450 to reduce to 1.15L?

Have lodged a grievance to TamilNadu Chief Minister Cell last week using below link

:point_down:t3:

http://cmcell.tn.gov.in

regarding the implementation of TN EV Policy. The Petition got accepted and answered.

This means that EV owners doesn’t require to pay tax and reg fees in tamilnadu? This I asked several times on forum, but everybody told it is yet to implement. I could see the Govt Order date also in google.

Anyone from Kerala knowing about ev policy?

No concession for EV in kerala.Literacy is more thats why no concession.:laughing:

@abhishek.balaji it seems tamilnadu implemented EV policy.Then why ather is taking Road tax and reg charges.

2 Likes

Karthik,

Please stop tagging me in every post. I do check the forum regularly and will get to unanswered questions. I’d prefer if my notifications are not clogged.

On Tamil Nadu EV policy, if you scroll up and a read a bit, you’ve answered it yourself. It’s not been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Ok. So whoever wrote the response to your petition needs to improve their basics of English language- not that I am a Shakespeare.

The response is so poorly worded, it sends out the wrong message. If and when the TN govt ratifies the policy, Ather will update their pricing to reflect the same.

So, I would really appreciate if this topic is put to rest until the ratification actually happens post which we all can celebrate the addition of one more EV friendly state.

1 Like

That’s True. From That reply we cant make out anything.

Aarrggh! So annoying. Let me have a word with the CM and coax him to implement.

1 Like

This seems like welcome change! Will Ather have a new model of owning the vehicle like how Mahindra E2O?

Ather has already lined up this financing model for the 450x. With the monthly subscription plan, you pay an initial down payment and an ongoing monthly fee. The monthly fee covers the cost of battery, Ather One Connect/Service/Charge/360 plan, etc

However what I expect this decision to do is to enable some kind of dialogue on standardising battery pack design to allow seamless swapping.

1 Like

So this is like whatever Ather had announced at the launch of the 450x has been made official.

When 450x subscription model pricing was announced, if vehicles were actually delivered, may be the battery had to be still registered. but now onwards even in RC probably it’ll be written “without battery”. Logically this makes sense as no vehicle is sold with fuel. However, from another persective, this is like selling without fuel tank.

Yes…Also modular battery concepts similar to the one on etergo will come up I feel. If memory is making variants in phones, battery modules/range will create variants in EVs

A welcome policy change overall.

2 Likes

I agree, battery swapping will be a game changer from many perspectives but with the current design of Ather450 this is not an option at all.

The new plans are great but if Ather can somehow reduce the upfront investment to a much lower number, it will get more people thinking about EV is what I think.

I guess they will know once they have tried the subscription model for one year. People here in India aren’t familiar with such a model and I’m curious how things will pan out.

2 Likes

Very True… In both Ather 450 and 450x, Ather was doing things ahead of its time and its competitors…

The backlash from Ather’s fans, well-wishers and community was the difference in price when compared to Ather 450. Enthusiasts would have taken it lightly. Cost conscious buyers did not.

After Ather clarified multiple times that Ather 450 was under-priced it cannot be sustained, the disappointment in pricing would have reduced by now…

Unless a serious competition comes up (other than elder sibling Ather 450), 450x should still be a possible winner.

2 Likes

What about the EV policy of Telangana. I can see Hyderabad is next city for Ather. Any idea what will be the cost of the 450x there. Are we going to get 14k discount on 99k base price like Delhi? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe only the registration charges and Road tax would be exempted.It is written in the TS road transport website

Good news TN People

9 Likes

Ev policy @ abishek balaji - latest GO passed by TN govt and what is the subsidy we chennsians will get . Final price 450 x