Enable / Disable Incognito mode

Can an option be provided in the app (and / or browser) to enable or disable Incognito mode on the scooter?

I use my scooter mostly as a runabout for the workhop, and would like to be able to track it at all times when somebody else is using it. There are occasions when they turn on Incognito mode and waste time messing around.

Having Incognito enabled or disabled according to my preference will go a long way in remedying this situation. I’m sure others who either do or want to use the scooter as a work vehicle used by their employees would appreciate the same.

9 Likes

Yes please, I would 2nd this request. Lent mine to a friend and he’s currently using it since November. Went permanently incognito after a while… I would like to check on the scooter sometimes so an option to enable/disable via app would be great.

6 Likes

So, I’m just thinking of scenarios here… If I turned on incognito mode to hide the stats from the app, but someone turned it off using the app, doesn’t the feature become self-defeating? Why even have a mode to hide stats from the app if the app lets you simply disable it?

Especially considering the only place where stats are visible are in the app with the account, the last place where the disable feature is to be provided is within the app being used by the account holder, right? (Or, by extension, while accessing the account from the browser, since we are now talking about it).

EDIT: The more I think about it, the only way we could make it happen and still have a useful incognito mode is to introduce some sort of a ‘Delegate Mode’, wherein we explicitly state that the bike is being delegated to someone (an assistant, for example) using maybe a password on dashboard and therefore will allow the app to override modifications done on the scooter directly. Now, that seems more of an additional feature than a simple tweak in the current programme to me, but hopefully we will have this feature someday!

7 Likes

The only way you get access to your scooter through the app is if you’ve provided your credentials, right?

If someone else has your credentials, that person is probably someone you trust.

We can have other strategies for this, but app based control seems to be pretty simple and reliable to implement as a starting point.

4 Likes

Fair point! I always saw the incognito mode as something you enable to hide the stats and current location from others who have access to your account on the app (like other members of your household). So in such cases, I felt having a mode override defeats the purpose. I can see how in your case (with your team taking it out), it makes sense for the app to have ultimate control :slight_smile:

8 Likes

There can be a pass code if anyone wants to turn it On/Off.

5 Likes

Yup, I’m leaning towards a passcode based system too! Simple and fairly foolproof.

5 Likes

That won’t disable the feature its for a reason but being owner of the vehicle we should know the location at all cost and safety of our family members if they don’t want revel thire location just because they cant lie where there are going it put them in danger or worries into our head. So app over ride is required to disable the incognito mode in app

5 Likes

Yep. That seems like the easiest solution. Having to enter your Ather profile password to be able to disable or enable the incognito mode makes total sense.

5 Likes

That is a privacy problem. If some one turned on Incognito mode it means they do not want to be tracked. Still making them visible on the app defeats the purpose and is a privacy issue.

An option to completely disable the Incognito mode makes sense in a business use case.

4 Likes

There is no privacy issues in this the password will be asked before anyone turn on incognito mode . So they need not tracked means they should have an password to do that as simple as that . Not anyone who rides the vehicle will be having only the owner will be having the password. I am not asking secretly to know the location even when the incognito mode is turned on.

Only the person with authority should change the power mode and other settings. If we can lock the settings its for safety not everyone who can easily understand the power of sudden acceleration and its risk of skidding also.

So having the password is for safety not for spying.

4 Likes

There is no privacy if we are not using incognito mode. Having navigation on the dashboard is very nice, and it seems like a waste to not have navigation when using incognito for the sake of privacy.

I would suggest two options:

1.Allow navigation on the Ather even in incognito mode, just don’t record the trip on the app.

2.Have the ability to use profiles with a pin code or something, and each profile can only access it’s own ride statistics.

I would assume the 1st one is the easiest to implement. I would personally find it very helpful to still have navigation in incognito mode.

Additionally, the ability to delete a recent ride (if one forgot to engage incognito mode) would be very helpful too.

1 Like

THE MOST REQUESTED FEATURE!! That is a privacy problem. If some one turned on Incognito mode it means they do not want to be tracked. Still making them visible on the app defeats the purpose and is a privacy issue.

An option to completely disable the Incognito mode makes sense in a business use case.

Additionally, the ability to delete a recent ride (if one forgot to engage incognito mode) would be very helpful too.

7 Likes

You just copy pasted my whole answer from above!! (⊙_⊙)

The incognito mode can make our bike into Ghost. I believe password protection on enabling or disabling Incognito mode can help us to protect the vehicle more.

6 Likes

Better to Disable incognito Mode from The scooter Display Dashboard give an option only if we require will disable through mobile App

1 Like

Hey your point is absolutely right But you should know that the app only don’t show location to us (app users). The Ather company can see all the routes you follow even when incognito mode… When someone borrowe your scooter and suddenly turn on incognito then it becomes doubtful :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle: As per my thinking there should be password to turning on the incognito mode that will be better so that you only can turn it on or off not anyone else

1 Like