Do not update to elio (5)

Warning to All My fellow Ather 450X owners!

Elio consumes a lot of Battery. If you are on Dropkick better be on it and save your Battery Health! After updating to Elio my scooter consumes lot of electricity for covering the same distance. Here is the Stat.

Date Distance Efficiency Charging units Dec 31, 2022 205 37 13
Jan 31, 2023 201 35 10 May 31, 2023 176 31 16

I’ve updated Elio on April and look at my May Ride log. Should have taken only 11 units when compared to Dec 2022 where i rode 205km, but after Elio update, it is taking 7 units extra to cover 176km.

This sounds like IPHONE Battery Gate to me!! If this goes on, we 450X owners will have to replace battery in No time.

Disclaimer: I’ve contacted Ather service center and they refused to downgrade my vehicle to version Dropkick.

29 Likes

Not sure how you plan on keeping the scooter from Auto Updating. Also, you should report the battery drain and maybe the SC can take a look if anything’s wrong with your scooter. I don’t see any unusual excess battery drain specified by you.

18 Likes

You do not know if it is due to the battery or the software, please get it checked at your nearest service centre.

18 Likes

I think all scooters except gen1 are now running stack 5,even if you avoid the service center will do it for you.

also how often do you check tyre pressure and clean belt? i maintain 33 PSI of nitrogen and am getting same range as before even with pillion in city (about 10% more than true range) which same as when i bought the scooter last year

recent stack 5 update has improved my idle drain alot or maybe thats just due to summer and ride log is not to be trusted its often broken so get an energy monitor

20 Likes

You will have a lot of variables while using during December and April-May, Humidity, temperature and riding style will all affect the usage and electricity consumption.

Trust me, Ather does not have any shady things to do, unlike Apple, to force down battery usage. If you are experiencing high use of electricity you can try servicing the scooter it might be any of the bearing or brake jam resulting in scooter not able to move freely.

17 Likes

When you keep your vehicle idle for a night or for some hrs, the battery drains. This also adds to the low mileage per charge. If we use the whole charged battery at once or for one whole day, then i guess mileage will be fine.

5 Likes

It’s warp not wrap :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

It’s not a spelling mistake, most people I met actually pronounce it as wrap/rap mode :man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

Here is my June ride 2023 comparison with June 2022. Even on shutdown, the software eats up 2% of battery.

Date             Distance     Units
June 30, 2022	   103	        4
June 30, 2023      107          8 

There is clearly 50% more usage in battery because of software.

10 Likes

Same here bro.

I usually follow the ride logs sent by Ather and shocked by the Units consumed on April - it was 67 units for 775 kms. Usually it consumes around 40 units for 700 kms. I have informed the service center guys about this and didn’t get any convincing answer. The same pattern followed for subsequent months.

Here is the full data.

11 Likes

The units data in the report is flawed, don’t use it for your reference. Buy a smart meter instead.

10 Likes

My EV is new one but still it has atherstack version 5.5. I know that 5.7 version hold by company itself due to lots of bugs. I am taking about V5.6.

6 Likes

Hi guys I am 450 plus user I noticed a change after recent update my bike is taking usually excess time in charging after 75 at fast station till 80% it’s taking 5 mins for 1% increase kindly suggest me.

7 Likes

I face the same issue after yesterday upgrade

2 Likes

There is a problem in latest software update bike is consuming more power in ride too whereas ride pattern is similar & in charging also it’s taken more time to charge the same from fast charging.

3 Likes

My only concern is, why does it start updating automatically without warning… One day i need to leave from home in a rush and i literally turned the key on and it started updating… Like really… I waited for 15 mins for it to complete… This doesn’t even make any sense to me

8 Likes

Hi, I just charged the bike at the grid. These are the charging times. Software version is 5.7 202328

20-70% - 34 mins

70-75% - 3 mins 46 secs

76% - 47 secs

77% - 50 secs

78% - 57 secs

79% - 62 secs

80% (including trickle charge) - 3 mins 10 secs

6 Likes

May be keeping off few features like auto hold and white display light and home light may increase battery backup

2 Likes

Even on shutdown there is battery consumption of 2% overnight.

How it is possible software is automatically download ed how can we did not update our scooter

1 Like