Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

I remember the CE Preorder included Ather Service for a year. Don’t remember if it was mentioned in emails or announced around the time of the reveal event. But I don’t think Connect and Service were decoupled back then.

It’s Service Pro

1 Like

Ya they weren’t decoupled and yet I remember reading on the forum or the series 1 launch that it would be only service and no connectivity and that’s why I said they must have had plans to these plans for a while now.

Looks like my guess was correct all along. :slight_smile: 450X timelines for your city!

1 Like

Splitting the plans is a good idea as it allows people to choose the features what they want. So, earlier you can spend either 750 or 1500 / quarter but now you have packs costing between 400-1800.

In most combinations, the new prices are similar or cheaper than the old prices, but if someone takes Connect Pro + Service Pro, then it is 300 expensive than old prices. Does this cover anything extra than old Ather Service Plan for the extra price?

Note - For comparision, I took only Quarterly prices

2 Likes

Service plans never covered Battery Discharge scenarios, however with Service Lite you get that coverage.

Does it bring back memories of your trip on Mysore road :slight_smile:?

2 Likes

haha - Yes.

So, you mean Road-side assistance is now included in the Service Pack…

But, even with Ather 360 plan, Roadside assistance for discharge, we needed to pay 1800.

I believe that remains same even now.

Tarun was clear that Battery down is now included in the Service Lite plans.

Oh okay. Probably @abhishek.balaji can clarify if that coverage means - no additional charge.

Does owners need to have any plan mandatory as minimum or all the plans optional?

All plans are completely optional and critical OTAs will still be free for everyone.

2 Likes

Noticed this in the latest email received: image

Wonder how they plan to verify the double asterisk, if at all they were not joking about it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess if you are out of charge, but have no solid explanation of how it was Ather’s fault and not yours, then you are still on your own, even under the new plans :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It might be with the availability of fast chargers, for instance, you are about to run out of charge and went to fast charger and the unit is being used or non-working then you will be able to claim this

3 Likes

Another likely scenario is having predicted range in mind but getting lower actual throughput on road conditions.

2 Likes

Doctor’s prescription, lie detector tests are mandatory for this :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, we’ll support for genuine cases where you’re stranded in the middle with no charge. Just don’t expect us to come top up your vehicle so you can make it to Mysore :smiley:

14 Likes

This is a wonderful caveat I am sure a lot of owners never considered but now you have given them this perfect challenge :joy:

8 Likes

This is a welcome addition to the plan.

I still remember how Ather 360 did not cover on genuine cases also. It was a bummer.

Now this being available on inexpensive Service Lite plan is nice.

1 Like

Memory Loss for Battery or the rider? real serious question !!!

3 Likes

For rider I’m guessing they mean to say, if you forget to charge the previous day or before your ride. Don’t call us.

3 Likes

bummed about no discount on the 450x… again feels more like the people who are early adopting their flagship model are getting the least love. – can the series1 be bought as a plus scooter? – if a 450plus is purchased can it then be upgraded to an x level performance since it seems software limited only ? – lastly has any forum member made pricing scenarios with the different lease options. it would be very helpful if it can be shared here :slight_smile:

1 Like