Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Here are the major cost elements I can think of
All aluminium chassis
On-board smart display
Dual disks

Most of the others including the 12” alloys you may find on other vehicles.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

I wish Ather comes up with better subscription plan. Current prices are too high and doesn’t make sense to own 450x with 2000 subscription charges p.m. I better buy a petrol scooter which will be far less compared to this 450x. I hope competitors come with same standard as that of 450x so that we can get better pricing. Just because there is no competition currently, 450x price is so high. I request ather team to come up with better ownership model if they are too succeed with scooter.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji
There was assurance that the existing customers will be given attractive options to switch, but yesterday’s presentation showed the normal way to exchange and/or normal way to break lease and re-lease and/or buy.
Can we still expect better options in few months?
The older lease plan we had was to pay 75K upfront and 23xx per month… which is closer to your subscription plans… something like we pay 10k to 15k extra and switch to 450x and keep the monthly like 2500?
If you are still considering to give some good option - I would suggest to group people on the plans they bought the vehicles and their usage pattern and come up with 5 to 10 options for people to switch.

2 Likes

We are working on making the process seamless, but we are still constrained by the process of transfer of ownership and registering your vehicle again.

That’s the plan as of now. This will be most seamless if you’re on a lease plan and moving to a newer lease plan for the 450X.

We’ll announce more details soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Abhishek,

Just now called CC for cancellation of 450X. But heard that there may be a price Change which would be announced in a week? Is that so ?

There won’t be a pricing change, but we’re working on making the subscription options and upfront payment options clearer. You can check out the AMA we did over the weekend: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/closed-ama-1-saturday-1-february/5294/181

Ya I was reading the chats in AMA. But the CC person told to wait for another week and there May be a change in Price change. I just confirmed whether it is an detailed plan or there would be a change in price for which I recieved a response that there may be a change in price.

3 Likes

Will there be more subscription options than the existing 2?

1 Like

No change in price. They would have told you that we’re working on sharing mode details on the current plans and making things much more clear than at launch.

2 Likes

Not as of now. We’ve got feedback on the subscription options, and are evaluating new pricing structures, but the upfront price will remain the same.

1 Like

Subscription plan for how many years…? Up to pricing of 1.49 and 1.59…? or after that also we have to pay…?

1 Like

We are working on a exchange program for current 450 owners, but we do not have any plans to facilitating buyback of other scooters

Subsidy cap of 1.5L is on the ex-Factory price. On top of ex-factory price, you have various other costs, such as GST, transportation, accessories and much more. Hence, the 450X Pro on upfront purchase qualifies for subsidy. We’ll announce the exact subsidy amount once we get regulatory clearance.

3 Likes

You can continue the subscription plan for as long as you’d like, to keep the lifetime warranty intact. We are also working on exit options where you can exit at anytime, similar to a loan process. You’ll have to pay an exit fee, calculated based on the residual value of the battery and some nominal other charges.

1 Like

If we buy the 450x upfront… Can we pay for ather charge/service/one per year instead of per month?

Yes, we’ll announce those options soon. Don’t want to confuse everyone again with even more numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A well designed infographic should do the work.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji what is the upfront cost of Ather 450X pro if i am not eligible for FAME II subsidy as I already have a 450 ?

We’ll share the breakup soon.

1 Like