Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Let me just say how I see it. The subscription model of ownership is a lot like the leasing structure of ownership for cars right now. But in this case you’re leasing the battery. You never get a month off on the lease in case of the car and there’s no reason to get it off on the 450X battery either. Since you are in possession of the battery. You need to understand that the battery is not a rental in this case. It’s more like you’re just paying the price in installments with an assurance that if you keep paying you’ll get a new battery at no extra cost a few years down the lane.

This would make sense of you were on a rental but the truth is you are the owner of the scooter and the battery needs to be paid for. In use or not in use. Consider if I bought the scooter up front and didn’t use it for a while, I’m not going to be asking for money back will I?

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt replies by some of the folks here. These queries are not relevant for upfront purchase, so let’s keep it simple.

What I meant earlier was whether the pro or plus subscription benefits were included for the first year for the series 1 collector edition.

It is still not clear whether it is possible to switch to different subscription every month, based on the requirements?

I understand the comments, but the cost of ownership of the vehicle should include the battery. So during the scheduled vacation or limited use period, it would make sense to activate a basic 400 or 500 rs/month subscription, for more than one month per year.

If I sell the vehicle after a few years, does the new owner need same subscription package, and carry the same baggage or do they have options? This is relevant if the answer for the second question is - plans cannot be changed for the life of the ownership.

Why didn’t Ather consider swappable battery, that would allow the owner to carry a spare, at his own expense?

1 Like

There are 2 parts :

1. Battery Subscription : 1699/1999 for Plus/Pro

2. Subscription: This covers connectivity, public charging, service plan and an all inclusive Ather One 360 that takes care of charging reimbursement too. This is optional, no obligation to purchase any charging/service/connectivity subscription plans.

Which one are you referring to here?

1 Like

Yes this you can seamlessly switch between the plus and X subscription plans.

For the same reason that you never get a discount on your lease on your car for even a month in a year. Even if Ather allowed you to take more months off, the cost would just pile up in your exit price.

In any case of subscription model. The new owner can choose between the 2 subscription models. But more details on the subscription model need to be announced soon by Ather.

This own expense might be much higher than you think. Nearing almost 50k or even higher. Removable batteries compromise the structural integrity of the battery itself, resulting in faster degradation. Ather batteries are all about preserving health and extending the life of the battery. Besides Ather has chosen the route of fast charging rather than battery swapping. They say they will make even more improvements in the field. A removable battery also takes away the smooth experience of charging that Ather stands for. Also I don’t think the floor board is an ideal location for a removable battery. And hence an underseat battery would change the weight distribution. The ergenomics, reduce the under seat storage. A floor board battery is the best option to save space and to maintain a low Centre of gravity.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji What are Documents needed to purchase 450x upfront ,lease and loan? I have adhaar with current address, pancard and licence with non-resident address, is it enough?

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/documents-for-registration/5619/2?u=hemanth.anand

Please read the above posts and the FAQ category in general for answers to all your questions regarding documents and other purchase related topics.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X Virtual Open House

Is there is any financial plan to upgrade 450 to 450x?

No direct upgrade plans announced. But as mentioned in todays open house a P2P platform is under works and the details will be shared by 27th October

2 Likes

What is the price of 450x after subsidy in chennai inclusive of tax, insurance and all?

1 Like

The price in Chennai should be just shy of 1,70,000 Check this - Ather 450X Ex Showroom price in your city

2 Likes

Sorry, I could not attend the virtual meet on Saturday. Could some one post the latest details for all Ather One plans?

@abhishek.balaji is supposed to be collating everything and should share a post today.

4 Likes

The post is up! Hope you’ll find all your answers!

2 Likes

Have a few questions on the new subscription plans:-

1.Does Ather Service (Pro/Lite) no longer bundle Connect in it? 2. Also what happened to Ather 360,is it still available? 3. Are these the new plans for Ather 450 as well (even though we currently use 3G?)

1 Like

Not bundled anymore, you can pick a connect pack + a service pack, which would work out to roughly the same cost as the current plans, with a few additions in the service pack. Ather 360 is not available as of now. We’ve paused home charging reimbursements, and Ather Grid charging is anyway free till March 2021, so didn’t make sense any more.

Yes same plans will be applicable.

3 Likes

Can we expect a plan in future which includes both service pro and connect pro with some discounts on annual plans whole clubbed into one to make it even more affordable :grin:

2 Likes

Got it. But for Series 1 customers, Ather Service is a free bundle. Back when it was pre-ordered this meant connect + service. What does it mean as of today?

1 Like

It means just servicing, Service Pro to be specific. Connect has to be taken separately.

2 Likes

The annual plans are already discounted :smiley:

4 Likes