Discussions on News and Updates

was it the 22motors flow? how is the performance and the ease to change batteries?

yes… flow… Performance is average. Its more like a fit between basic low speed EV and Smart EV like an Ather. Dash is very basic and ride data is only available through App. Just a disclaimer… I rode the earlier version. Apparently there have been some updates after 22motors’ formal JV with Kymco taiwan.

2 Likes

Youtube link to the live webcast of Bajaj Urbanite launch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJhJ3_fi3E

4 Likes
1 Like

https://www.vespa.com/en_EN/vespa-models/vespa-elettrica.html

Ctrl+C…Ctrl+V

Bajaj Chetak, even alloy design looks copied

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Discussions on Bajaj Chetak

All i know about the scooter. Nitin Gadkari ji ne kaha “Ye appka product bahut badhiya hai”

2 Likes

January 2020?? What have started the production for?? As per today’s launch event, the factory has started production from 25th September…
Are they forecasting such high bookings or are they aiming for 1 week delivery (time required for RTO & paperwork)??
Another observation from Nithin Gadkari ji’s speech. Some vehicle manufacturers including Bajaj had made a representation for delaying imposing EV policy, to which Government did not agree. Bajaj said they will come back with feasibility study of rushing into EVs, but launch of Chetak shows that they dropped the idea of study and directly went ahead with their EV project. Which means, Bajaj is now looking to get a first mover’s advantage (by a established brand) in the market.

4 Likes

I think this comment was made by Amitabh Kant, NITI CEO.

One thing I am really happy , Government will soon bring Scrapping Policy. I am really delighted. In my view, none of the manufacturers should be allowed to sell their product, unless they have a scrapping policy. At any point of time, if a consumer brings back their product (working or non-working), manufacturer should take it back either at market rate or zero cost without a single question being asked.

I asked the same question with Ather on buy back policy almost a year back and I hope they are working on this. Without this social responsibility, government should not allow anyone to just make money.

11 Likes

In fact, European companies are being asked to declare % recyclability of all materials used in their products.
I hope Government gives special emphasis on handling of Li-ion batteries in their scrapping policy. We all know how badly Lead Acid batteries are recycled today. Li-ion will pose bigger challenge at end of life disposal.

4 Likes

Panel is very sleek and nice

3 Likes

Everything looks so sleek and nice except for the mirrors.

1 Like

Is this Bajaj Chetak?

1 Like

Notice the plethora of buttons on the handle? I see M, D, R, a right turn indicator and what possibly looks like an ignition button on the right hand side of the handle bar.

Guess R -> reverse. Wonder what M and D are for.

Left side seems to have Hi-Lo beams, horn and may be a pass light switch.

1 Like

That is just wow for collating so many minute details…

Range - They quoted it as real range tested in Pune City driving…

5 Likes

Excellent summary. Chetak EV is using Bosch kit.

9 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Some more pictures and details of Chetak…
The two unknown buttons on the handle bar are known. The one on the left is play-pause that controls song playback on connected bluetooth device (headset or phone)
The one on the right is for opening front storage and seat. The seat has soft closing action it seems (nice)
The button on the usual key slot area is start stop button.
All buttons are backlit.
The bag hook on the seat also has Chetak logo.
It has vehicle number plate on the front storage…I like it!

12 Likes

They should have designed this ebike as sporty as pulsar… It looks too retro and most of the youngsters won’t prefer such retro design…

1 Like