Discussions on News and Updates

The website does not mention the battery capacity. Only way to know is when the bike is available for test drives

2 Likes

Also the claimed range might be on the ARAI drive cycle which for the 450 came to 107 kms, so actual range numbers will only be known once the T6X hits the roads, which no one really knows when.

They had opened pre-orders in 2016 claiming an on-road price of 1.25L and now that has been revised to 1.6L. I am actually quite disappointed in the way they are communicating with prospective customers, or one should say munching words in their press releases.

Moreover the design of the product if it sticks to what is on their website is quite unimpressive and unambitious to say the least. That is why I am more excited about the unannounced Ather motorcycle :wink:

7 Likes

Ya even I am looking at when can Ather come up with a bike design to be added as second EV into list… But the point was the words and statements that they framed using 100km range and top speed is the trap that new EV buyers will not be aware of… Although initially we faced range anxiety and Ather acknowledged that they should have been more specific about their claims but now on-road data has spoken out loud then spec. and now everything is clear to feature buyers. So Tork should use this as “lesson learned” and be more transparent towards its customers and build the trust…

4 Likes

I am looking forward to more Battery optimised tech from Ather - Beit another EV or a powerwall type solar Li-on inverter system or even mobility solutions for the physically disabled.

1 Like

After a few years when owners start returning battery packs as part of their proposed buy-back scheme. I expect them to re-use those battery packs for some sort of powerwall-like home storage device.

Panasonic support for green environment

2 Likes

i got to meet Saurabh Chandra from Ati Motors today.
They have very nice technology in place, they have build it from scratch like Ather.

we had a little chat, he was speaking of potential of having.
ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) in 2 wheeler in INDIA.

i feel it will be very helpful in increasing situational awareness to decrease danger for riders.

Article on Forbes India.
Sherpa: Wonder wheels of Ati Motors

2 Likes

I think generally the ones registered in Electronic City have not received RC. Mine was also registered there

Finally received my RC yesterday, registration done at Electronic City RTO on February 2nd

7 Likes

me 2

Ather sent me like above

not RTO

3 Likes

@Abhishek @samitbanerji I too received from Ather yesterday

2 Likes

bulk RC deliveries!!!

next bike deliveries (bulk?)

8 Likes

Hope so, :crossed_fingers:t2: :green_heart:

1 Like

Could be :grinning:

1 Like

This is because the RTO smart card will be delivered with in 45days. but with the introduction of additional Rs.500 cess, RTO’s will not send it untill they receive it. Ather Team collected this amount from us (customers). Untill this amount is received, they will not dispatch. Might be that Ather team deposited the amount recently and got this RC given to them. and Now Ather team is sending it them self to all customers.

1 Like

WoW!! Ather ki bike​:thinking::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::yum:

In the above article that new tork motorcycle will rival Revolt electric bike(upcoming days). I just want to tell everyone. That an article said that Revolt is just doing rebadging of a Chinese e-bike. (Which I think that the article is true bcoz the whole design is very identical to the Chinese bike and I haven’t seen any spy pictures from anyone claiming the testing or R&D of Revolt bikes) Verrry very disappointed from revolt and Micromax.:tired_face::tired_face::rage::rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Even at that price point it is far behind the 450 https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/ducati-electric-scooter-launched/33861/

Looks nice. MotoGP riders use this in the paddocks is enough to get some buyers :slight_smile: Will be a nice ferature for a 5-star resort if guests want to use it within the campus.

1 Like

7-8hrs to charge. Don’t think even the fanciest of resorts would bother with the overhead of keeping these things charged.

Where exactly is someone going to go with 115nm torque capped at 45kmph!?

I still can’t figure out who they are targeting with that spec and pricing.

2 Likes