Discussions on News and Updates

Its MoU for now. MoU to land allotment to plant development, construction, trial runs and then finally full fledged production. That’s optimistically 8 months to an year away.
But this definitely is great news and congratulate @Ather.Team for finally getting some headway in setting up their plant.

Sad part is that the plant is out of Karnataka…

1 Like

True. It’ll be an year at best.
Not want to talk about Politics here, but the truth is that Karnataka doesn’t have suitable conditions or policies for a large and new automotive manufacturing plant.

3 Likes

Yella ide saar! Decision making is going slow due to by-elections. Unless Government settles down, things will continue to be slow. Mysuru, Nanjangudu, Belagavi, Hubballi-Dharwad, yella kade bekadashtu jaaga matte jana idare. Adare begane ondu teeramanakke bandu hosa kaarkhaane galanna kattalikke eega swalpa kashta ide, ashte…

6 Likes

Samarthraj. I wanted to talk to you. I am a mysurean who has pre-booked an Ather. I got your reference from Ather twitter handle. I don’t see an option to directly chat with you in this. My mobile number is 9731833991. Can you please whatsapp me so that we can continue our conversation.

Can you all please vote and share…

Ather 450 - https://www.news18.com/tech-auto-awards/list-of-nominees/

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hazard lights

Revolt and Okinawa are leading by a huge margin… I wonder how the former gained so much traction.

Okinawa has captured good market in North India and have sold vehicles in good nos. So its obvious their customers will vote for it. Ather has not been tried in any other city except Bangalore and Chennai and few of us who have traveled from nearby towns of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu just out of our curiosity and enthusiasm.

There’s an Okinawa showroom in Mysore by the way. They are expanding using the conventional commercial retail route unlike Ather.

2 Likes

Yeah I understand Okinawa’s popularity. How Revolt is almost tied with them is what’s curious here.

1 Like

I doubt if these votes are really genuine… Because not even registration is required to vote… So, some revolt fan group without even having vehicle voted up :slight_smile:

Take for example, Camera Phone of the Year. iPhone 11 Pro got equal to what Pixel 3A + OnePlus 7 Pro + Huawei P30 Pro got together…

Not to take credit of iphone 11 camera quality, but reality and these votes are way different :smiley:

If u test ride the Okinawa scooters ?
If yes what’s the major difference Okinawa v/s Ather450

The difference in performance. 3.3kW motor in the ather vs 1kW motor in the Okinawa praise

1 Like

Max power 2500 watt Okinawa
Max power 5400 watt Ather 450

I had test drive in my home place ,
Near to my home there was inclined road in this the Okinawa iprise is failed it’s reached 3km speed while it’s max power (turbo)
In Okinawa having very good mileage and fast charging option
But it’s failed in power and customers service

1 Like

Saw this Electrowheelz breeze scooter yesterday in Mysore. Looks a lot like vespa. But fit and finish is very poor. The tyres are of very thin section to reduce traction and improve range.

it happens… :smiley:

1 Like

The man has a concern about the product, has tried various avenues to redress it and as a last measure he resorts to this gimmick to get some attention.

The CS response on the Facebook post did not show even the slightest measure of diplomacy. It sounded very defensive and almost like a ostrich-head-in-the-sand response.

3 Likes

And now The company has initiated defamatory action against the customer

Company should have checked with the customer before taking such action.
After all, the vehicle is like Chinese wine in British bottle…

1 Like

Mercedes “Enjoy Electric” campaign starring The Weeknd.