Delivery delay even after Partial Lockdown lifting in Bangalore

Well today they said they got the vehicles and will initiate my registration today itself and as a final date they’ve said the 11th this time assuring it won’t get extended again.

At this point I don’t have any hopes. I have my bday on the 10th was atleast expecting to get it before that.All my excitement is dead.

3 Likes

Hi Abhishek, Yesterday I had got an otp from vaahan… So what’s the next procedure?

1 Like

i just had this experience so sharing it… after the Vahan OTP, if you have opted any other RTO than KA51, it will take sometime (may be week or so not sure but i opted for 51 to reduce this time) but if not and then second if you have opted for a specific number, then the RTO guy will call in 2-3 days and give you the running number list for the day, the KA51 running is HQ series , once that is done , next day youll get a message that its registered from MORTH, after that in couple of days the delivery process should initiate…

2 Likes

Same they said to me but they will confirm me today in evening for exact date

1 Like

Ok do tell us what they said

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delivery delay in Delhi

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Delivery delay in Delhi

Hi Nikhil

Finally i got the call from ather his name is faiz he said he will give me delivery on this Friday evening or may be a little delay to second half of Saturday

Thanks :pray: faiz appreciate this and i hope delivery going on good as you said

1 Like

Awesome! That’s nice to hear :slight_smile: keep this thread updated.

2 Likes

Update on deliveries in Bengaluru

While our customer support teams have been reaching out over call to share your order status, sharing an update here as well on the deliveries happening in Bengaluru.

What’s the bottleneck?

1. COVID-related lockdown meant that we had a huge backlog of orders placed during the lockdown. Since the RTOs were not functioning, these ended up piling up.
  2. With the new FAME revisions, prices have come down, and hence the insurance rates as well, so we decided to go the extra mile to re-do insurance policies. In addition, the DHI portal for registering an EV did not have the updated prices for quite a few days, and this meant an additional 7-8 days to ensure we pass on the benefit to you. Coordinating with external parties on insurance, RTO, etc is now taking a lot more time than earlier due to the overall load post unlock.
  3. We understand the eagerness of getting your hands on an Ather as soon as possible, and we want more owners too, so over the next few days, you’ll have updates and see progress on your orders.

The RTO registration process for a lot of you is still underway and we are awaiting the registration number. We’re trying to expedite it (cos we want you to get your Ather as soon as possible) but we will have to stick to their timelines. We should be able to schedule your delivery in 10-12 working days, provided there are no special number plate requests.

The best way you can help is to give us a little more time as we sort things out. The entire process should take around 15-18 working days once we receive the necessary documentation, but the good news is that it ends with you behind the dashboard of an Ather.

While the last few days have been spent working with the teams to ensure we get you your Ather 450X or Plus as soon as possible, so we can get all of you back together to go on weekend rides again!

6 Likes

Yes faiz also called me and said the same thing.I hope everything happens as he said.

1 Like

now this makes sense and aligns with the time line i had to endure to come to point of Delivery tomorrow!! i am soo excited !! as promised i will write my experience once i get my hands on the vehicle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mr. Saurabh at Ec Lajpat nagar,Delhi assured me that I will get my 450x Delivered by 30 June which was a lie. And after 2nd july has stopped answering my phone call so I called customer care they promise delivery by 4 july and again no delivery on 4 july. Called cc on 5 july again they promise delivery on 7 july and today they promise delivery by this Sunday. What a great delivery experience.I will not recommended anyone to buy any product from Ather.

@abhishek.balaji -the points which you have mentioned is well taken. However in my case(order number-100190), the registration got completed on 5th July itself i.e registration number was messaged and since then it is mentioned as delivery scheduled till now. I reached out to the CC guys and they confirmed that even after some hiccup, they received HSRP yesterday(7th July), however yet I have not received any call for delivery confirmation, it definitely seems like a lag as all the activities scheduled prior to vehicle delivery are completed, then why is this delay?

Totally unprofessional behaviour by Ather. I am still waiting for the delivery of the vehicle - its been now 3 weeks since lockdown was lifted in Bangalore but Ather are still dragging their feet - multiple calls to customer care have provided no solution, they just keep saying “give us some time” - an open ended statement with no commitment from their side at all. I suggest we all get together and write to the leading newspapers detailing the how Ather is taking customers for granted and not working to deliver orders for which they have received full payments months back but are only concentrating on opening new showrooms all across the country. They are using the money paid by people like us to open showrooms but show no urgency in delivery of the vehicle. I received my registration number over a week back (sms from Vahaan) from the RTO and Ather is still dilly-dallying. It is evident that the management of Ather do not care as they have made their money and now we customers are at their mercy and have to keep begging for what is rightfully ours. It has been a horrifying experience so far and is continuing as they are now refusing to cancel the order also.

I have bought multiple vehicles before this and have never been given such step child treatment as I have from Ather. I strongly believe we all need to get together and teach Ather a lesson in Customer care and satisfaction and also make them realise that they cannot take customers for granted. So far all i see is Ather being a company that makes false promises, false marketing and advertising to lure in customers and then treat them like something the cat dragged in.

A majority of the posts on this forum are complaints and criticism but Ather don’t bother to even respond to them most of the time nor are they doing anything to sort things out. This to me is nothing but arrogance from Ather and I intend to use all means necessary to let as many people know about the absolutely disgraceful behaviour and total lack of professionalism that Ather shows to its customers.

I recommend we all pool in our data( order numbers, payment dates, delivery status and dates, etc) and submit to the newspapers so everyone is warned against paying their hard earned monies to a company that could not care less once they have got your money. We cannot allow more companies to spring up like this who just take money and then hold you to ransom.

I hope i get more of you people to support me is taking action against this Unprofessional, Lazy and Arrogant people in this company.

7 Likes

Hey I understand your frustration, I see you’ve already got an update from the team a few hours ago, however have requested them to call you again to share an update.

We just explained what’s going on, you can see the post here: Delivery delay even after Partial Lockdown lifting in Bangalore - #83 by abhishek.balaji

Just the fact that I have posted this after your so called “Update” should tell you that no solution was offered - you posting a link to an excuse which you consider a validation for your inefficiency and delays does not mean we all have to accept it and move on and just keep waiting longer and longer. This is again proof that you just don’t care and are not doing anything to sort out an already toxic situation. It has been over an hour since your response and I am yet to receive the call from your team.

And just to re-iterate “NO” - you do not understand our frustration whatsoever as if you did understand even 10% then you would go out of your way to offer solutions and not excuses as you always do - another example of false marketing and commitments by Ather.

6 Likes

Just my two cents in middle of all this, I think advertising the scooter a few months back in newspaper was a bad idea, and ironing out all inefficiencies should have been first criteria with enough manpower to handle everything smoothly.

Hate to to see Ather going down as a bad experience, for new customers 🥲

I, for a fact, love Ather as a brand since 2018… and I think that’s the only reason I waited 1 year for my scooter to be delivered. But its very reasonable for people to be agitated when a full payment is expected and the status of the order is not at all clear! I struggled in the last few days before my scooter’s delivery, to track exactly “where is it?”. There is a clear gap, which needs to be addressed.

Yup, I agree the lockdown shook everything badly, but why doesn’t Ather hire more people for these contingencies, is what puzzles me!

I wish they bounce back soon. :heart:

6 Likes

Hey thanks for understanding, as I checked with the team, your delivery has been scheduled for this Saturday!

1 Like

Thank you! I am glad someone finally said this. I am positive I’ll get a lot of flak for amplifying the thought and will probably antagonise many veterans here on the Forum for saying it, but I truly believe the targeting was diversified a bit too early.

I completely understand that Ather had many compulsions to grow on short notice - much needed economies of scale to break even, investor pressure, financially justifying upgrading to the massive Hosur facility and looming risk of competition rapidly establishing their footprint across the country - to list just a few.

But what this almost-overnight decision to go mainstream did was to cast an unnecessarily wide “marketing net” on people who were not really ready to join the EV bandwagon. In the initial days, the nature of conversation and feedback on the Forum made it clear that the owners were predominantly early adopters. And the early adopters always tend to be more understanding, accommodating, willing to wait for long durations for improvements, and know that the product reaching them is bound to have many issues and it will take time to iron out the creases. But by marketing the product to the general audience, Ather effectively projected itself as a well-polished replacement for petrol 2W that is ideal for anyone contemplating about buying their next bike or scooter; and thus brought onboard many buyers without the early adopter mindset who expected the scooter to work seamlessly right from Day 1.

Of course, I understand that no product can just stick to early adopters and will need to reach out to the majority sooner or later, but in the case of Ather, it was still perfecting the moving pieces and I feel was not ready to meet the expectations of those who believed they deserve a flawless product from a startup manufacturing something so offbeat and innovative just for having paid more than they would have paid otherwise, while not realising that EVs cost more because of hardware compulsions and not because it is some sort of a ‘premium’ for delivering perfection (REALLY don’t mean to offend anyone here!).

We are thus now stuck in a truly paradoxical situation where everything that the Ather Team does is either too aspirational, too early, or too little, too late. Of course, having seen Ather grow over the years, I am sure it will come out of this phase stronger, but until then, the team will need to brace itself for a rough few months meeting unrealistic demands and targets.

5 Likes