Deliveries: Bengaluru

What is your order id

@abhishek.balaji can you please provide an update for this ?
We have been waiting from more than 2 months

I want cancel my order… I told customer support team to cancel my order, that not happened. I send also mail also nothing happened. @abhishek.balaji I want cancel my order please let me know how can i do…

You have a cancel option in dashboard on right side of Pre-order status. Look for 3 dots.

Dear @abhishek.balaji, @abhishek.balaji2, @Shreyas,

I called CC on 19/10/2019 regarding swapping my order with another person from 14000 series. Your CC team said, that both mine and the other person’s orders are scheduled to be delivered in Oct-Nov 2019, so its not needed to swap. Still I asked them to initiate swapping of order.

Now, in a message in this forum by @nikhil.vasda, he says that, CC told him his delivery will happen in December. He is from 14000 series too… Why different information to different customer??

Can’t Ather even provide clear picture on deliveries even after sorting out quality issues that you guys spoke about last month that caused a 10 days delay??

Frankly, even I am part of Automotive Supply Chain and here if any hold up happens in production, we run 3 shifts and even Sundays if necessity arises. Where is your plan B??

Leave alone Plan B, why keep so many customers in ambiguity??

My whole idea of gifting my wife an Ather for diwali is lost!!

Do you guys actually care for your customers??

I have done more that what Ather has done in last 2 months to try and get my order by Diwali.
I have called CC 8-9 times in last one month requesting for clarity on deliveries.
When I found a fellow Ather owner willing to swap his order of his 2nd scooter, I got in touch with him. He sent a mail to Ather CC for swap, but there was no reply to it for 2 days. Later, I had to call CC to request them initiate the swapping process.
Looking at few cases of delay due to issues with lending agency for loans on the forum, I even initiated loan process with my banker and they are ready to transfer the amount within 4 hours of my confirmation.

If I have not cancelled my booking till date, the only reason is my confidence in the product and wish to own one soon. Else, with this kind of indifference, I would have been off your Pre-booking list long time ago.

7 Likes

Cancelling today!!! Need those 5k Rs for renting out a Tesla in the states next month. Guess EV dreams will always work one way or another

2 Likes

Wow! please post a pic with the Tesla, once you get your hands on one.

Whats your order ID? I may want to buy if its smaller than 14254.

5k for renting a tesla? Did you get some coupon code from a youtuber for turo? :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah Anagh its 15k for 2 days but a lil help is never a small one

1 Like

Hey,

Just got an update from the team that this has been done.

Hey abhishek how long will it takes to get delivery’s for 15k series.
Please update as we are already waited for more than 2 months my delivery status in app is Oct-Nov now ur saying that 14k series delivery will be in December
Will I get my vehicle by November.

1 Like

I just had a word with CS regarding the payment window. As per them the payment window for 600 vehicles will be open in next 2 weeks. The only thing that scares me is the delivery timeline after paying full. They will again push the delivery timeliness by a month or 2 giving some lame reasons again.

1 Like

While cancelling. Cc told me that delivery will be in November, so not to cancel. I said if you can assure that in writing then sure will… Moral of the story no more in queue

This seems strange cancellation request gets response sooner than other questions asked about delivery
So Ather doesn’t mind losing customers rather doing what was promised at the 1st place
The customer care asks are you sure ur id was to be delivered in sept

They were telling there Anual production is 30k if we divide it by 2 where 15k is for Bangalore and 15k is for Chennai the monthly delivery shd be around 1250 vehicle’s A month in each city they are telling they will deliver 600 bikes in next month why is it so?

As per u if we calculate 600 vehicle’s a month then 7200 vehicle’s per year

Then the total production they are doing in year is 7200×2=14400 vehicles

Thanks… it’s done…

Ather have maintained that the production capacity of the current plant is a maximum of 30k vehicles per year.

However, that doesn’t mean that they are producing 30K per year. Factories will be operating at a certain percentage of their full capacity.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but the below calculation is a reasonable estimate of how many scooters are actually being manufactured.

This translated to 528 x 12 = 6336 vehicles per year.

Even if we consider 6 days of working (Automotive manufacturing plants work for 6 days), it is 24 days per month. This is 24 vehicles per day for 24 days which is 576 vehicles per month and that is 6912 per year. That is around 25% of their full production capacity.

3 Likes

Is 25% production helping anyone?? Ather or Customers??

That is a different topic. There is no reason why Ather or any other company would not want to produce more (and in turn make money). However it is easier said than done. The 3 'M’s in manufacturing are Man Machine and Material (there are 5 and 6 'M’s too) affects the production. In startups like Ather another M which is Money also has a major effect.

Looking at the positive side of things, at least deliveries have resumed now. Hope Ather clears all the backlog and delivers at a steady pace because once Bajaj starts deliveries next year, it’ll be challenging for Ather.

4 Likes